Kenya Water Services Trust Fund (KWSTF)
Position: Field Officer
Deadline to Apply: 9th September 2016
Start Date: 3rd October 2016
Location: Based in Nairobi, Embu, Nakuru
Reporting To: Associate Field Manager
Length of Commitment: 1 Month
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the project: As part of the Kenya Water Services Trust Fund’s mission to provide water and sanitation services to the poor, the WSTF partnered with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to scale-up their services for the urban informal settlement populations across Kenya.
Under this partnership, the WSTF with funding from the Gates Foundation, provided subsidies to landlords living in urban areas across the country to construct toilets.
IPA has since been contracted by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to independently verify specific indicators related to the WSTF project.
A representative sample of all households that have received a toilet will be visited to verify these indicators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prompt arrival to work.
- Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner.
- Interact with community members with the highest level of respect and understanding
- On non-field days, conscientious performance of office work.
- Ensure proper storage and handling of field equipment such as tablets etc.
- Maintaining high standard of professional integrity in all activities.
- Successfully complete all tasks assigned by the KWSTF management team.
- Identifying and confirming eligible study respondents.
- Get informed consent from study participants.
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in data collection.
- Administer household questionnaires and observations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all updated documents are carried to the field along with everything on the Survey Checklist.
- Filling data forms and uploading data onto the server.
- A Bachelor’s degree or college diploma with 3 years’ experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication in both English and Swahili.
- Good interpersonal skills specifically able to create good rapport with respondents.
- Past experience in data collection through survey CTO desirable but not a must.
- Ability to work as a team.
To Apply: Click here: https://poverty-action.formstack.com/forms/fo_kwstf
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer – Kenya Water Services Trust Fund – KWSTF. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities.
Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.