Kenya Water Services Trust Fund (KWSTF)
Position: Senior Field Officer (3 positions)
Deadline to Apply: 9th September 2016
Start Date: 3rd October 2016
Location: Based in Nairobi, Embu, Nakuru
Reporting To: Research Associate
Length of Commitment: 1 month
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the project: As part of the Kenya Water Services Trust Fund’s mission to provide water and sanitation services to the poor, the WSTF partnered with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to scale-up their services for the urban informal settlement populations across Kenya.
Under this partnership, the WSTF with funding from the Gates Foundation, provided subsidies to landlords living in urban areas across the country to construct toilets.
IPA has since been contracted by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to independently verify specific indicators related to the WSTF project.
A representative sample of all households that have received a toilet will be visited to verify these indicators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prompt arrival to work.
- Completion of scheduled activities each day in timely manner.
- Interact with community members in the highest level of respect and understanding.
- On non-field days, conscientious performance of office work.
- Maintaining high standard of professional integrity in all activities.
- Successfully complete all tasks assigned by KWSTF management team.
- Knowledge of assigned task and delivery as according to SOP.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Team player- Interacts well with colleagues and offers support in the field and in the office.
- Responsible- takes up responsibility, shows initiative in solving issues and report s challenges to supervisor.
- Identifying and confirming eligible back check study respondents
- Get informed consent from study participants
- Collecting back check data from respondents in the field with strict adherence to the data SOP
- Ensure proper storage and handling of field equipment such as tablets etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that all updated documents are carried to the field along with everything on the Back Check Survey Checklist
- Filling Back Check data forms and uploading data onto the server.
- A Bachelor’s degree or college diploma with 3 years’ experience.
- Experience with electronic data collection through survey CTO and data management.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and a team player.
- Should be a person of high integrity.
- Excellent organizational skills.
To Apply: Click here: https://poverty-action.formstack.com/forms/sfo_kwstf
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Senior Field Officer – Kenya Water Services Trust Fund – KWSTF. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.