Location: Kenya and potential travel to other countries
Working Hours: Contract Basis
Accountable to: Clinical Director
Works in conjunction with: Clinicians, Trainers, Business Development and Client Relations team, Reception and Administration team, Global Training Manager
Overall Purpose of Job: The main objective of this role will be to deliver InterHealth’s Field First Aid and Trauma training programmes.
Why we do it: InterHealth is motivated by Christian beliefs and values and by humanitarian ideals to provide compassionate and professional care without discrimination.
How we do it
We fulfill our mission by:
- Providing specialist travel and psychological health services based on evidence and good practice.
- Partnering with organisations and individuals and responding to their needs in order to maximize their well being and effectiveness.
- Promoting good healthcare practice within organisations and for individuals.
- Pursuing creative and innovative approaches to whole person healthcare.
- Providing training and support to organisations working in the East Africa Region and Globally.
Summary of main responsibilities and tasks
The Training Associate will work with the training team to:
- Deliver training courses in accordance with InterHealth quality and requirements
- To represent InterHealth well and where appropriate promoting InterHealth products and services according to client needs
- Work with permanent staff, and other associates to maintain a high standard of training quality
- Accurately complete and promptly submit all relevant course documentation and reports
- Pilot new initiatives in training when required
- Develop training materials as requested
- You will be a qualified Nurse or Doctor with experience in clinical trauma settings and/or remote field health care.
- You will have attended advance trauma or field/expedition training courses.
- You will be passionate about training and take pride in the process as well as the end result.
- You will be able and willing to travel within Kenya and to other countries, including higher risk locations such as South Sudan and Somalia.
- You will be passionate about making a difference in the NGO sector and will be able to commit and adapt to an organisation which is value driven according to our mission. You will preferably have experience in working in a humanitarian context or with international development organisations.
- You will demonstrate flexibility in thinking, approaching problems and managing workloads, understanding the pressures of both colleagues and clients.
- You will be a quick learner and have the capabilities of working both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to jobs.kenya @interhealthworldwide.org by COB September 7th, 2016.