Job Ref.: TKH- 297373
Purpose of the Job: The Internal Auditor is to ensure that the processes being carried by the organization are as per procedures and is aimed at improving the QMS. Internal audit can be organized for each dept.
Reporting Lines: The Internal Auditor is directly responsible to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Develop the scope for operational, information technologies, financial and security audit projects and select/develop appropriate audit steps necessary to promote effective audit coverage for the manager’s approval.
- Design or assist in the design of audit program routines using IDEA software to analyze computer systems databases and perform data mining and analysis to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of automated controls.
- Conduct management, information technologies, financial and security audit projects according to the yearly audit plans in all areas of the Corporation.
- Analyze operational and management processes and system controls’ effectiveness and efficiency in view to improve them and propose value-added recommendations.
- Participate in the development of new information systems to ensure that efficient and effective controls are incorporated.
- Identify control and processes weaknesses, document main control points and provide evidential support for report recommendations.
- Prepare recommendations for all levels of management, considering materiality, pertinence and documentary evidence.
- Present to area management the results, recommendations and conclusions of audit reviews.
- Maintain respectful and effective communications and relationships with management and staff of areas under review.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) and passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants of Kenya [CPA(K)] Examination or its approved equivalent qualification;
- Have served in the field of Audit for at least six (6) years in the Public or Private Sector;
- Be proficient in accounts based computer applications;
- Be familiar with accounts principles and procedures in the Public Sector;
- Have demonstrated professional competence in Audit work as reflected in work performance and results
- Good knowledge of organizations’ structures, enterprise risk management and internal controls
- Process thinker with excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Highly presentable, hardworking and committed
- Maintaining strict confidentiality
- Pleasant attitude and friendliness
- Self-driven and result oriented, able to meet targets
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Internal: All departments companywide
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews