International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs.
Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide.
International Medical Corps currently implements projects in various counties in Kenya.
International Medical Corps is seeking for a candidate to fill in Nutrition Project Manager position in Garissa county.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain collaborative local networks with CBOs, INGOs, and other relevant agencies to share information and coordinate activities. Act as liaison person between National team, field teams and partners involved.
- Provide technical checking of Nutrition strategies, assessments and programs as necessary, and proactively promote high quality Nutrition technical approaches within county programs as per the national policies, guidelines and strategies
- Nutrition budget preparation and management; ensure adherence to internal and donor financial standards and protocols; Closely monitor budgetary expenditures, advice in budget revisions/realignment as may be required by closely tracking work progress against payment and work plans
- Strengthen health systems training and processes that support quality nutrition care services and community health service delivery including management of facility records, equipment, human resources, management of health commodities, etc.
- Develop and review field Implementation plans and reports to ensure compliance with internal (IMC), government and donor regulations and policies and provide monthly feedback on the challenges and possible ways to resolve those challenges
- Coordinate with the county level Ministry of Health and other sectors/ministries to facilitate timely implementation of project plans and objectives and sustainability of Nutrition interventions
- Liaise with the nutrition county coordinators and other collaborating partners to ensure appropriate skills and support is availed at county implementation sites so as to realize improved coverage and efficiency of the program and
- Holds regular progress meetings with partners to review project performance and address challenges to implementation.
- Guide and support nutrition field officers to ensure quality program implementation and adherence and compliance to standard protocols and guidelines.
- Work with other county stakeholders and national capacity development officer (hosted by IMC) in assessment of nutrition capacity gaps at the counties and in rolling out the capacity development framework for implementation at the county level. 11. In collaboration with Advocacy officer, assist in advocacy activities that target decision-makers at all levels
- Support in Identifying potential opportunities for new project venture and in proposal designs with technical inputs
- In liaison with the M& E teams, provide accurate and timely information and reporting to the National team, for monthly (PMT), quarterly reports, and nutrition survey reports, and provide regular feedback regarding program implementation progress
- Periodically develops and disseminates human interest stories, lesson learnt, abstracts etc.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum academic qualification of Bachelor’s degree in BSc Nutrition or any other relevant field required; Master’s degree an advantage.
- Strong Back ground in public health and nutrition a minimum of 5years experience in nutrition and a thorough understanding of health systems strengthening
- Experience providing health systems strengthening technical assistance to government agencies, NGOs or other organizations.
- Highly diplomatic and emotionally intelligent with strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills at the County level with excellent orientation of the ministry of health in Kenya.
- Excellent team building/working/leadership skills, strong personal and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated proficiency incoordination, leadership and supervisory excellence
- Good field work skills with good understanding of organization’s project area
- Self-motivated and Result oriented
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates to submit applications BY E-MAIL ONLY which should include:-
(1) Application Letter;
(2) Current C.V. with telephone number and e-mail address;
(3) Three referees with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses not later than 9th September 2016
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.