Based in Western Kenya
We are an international NGO with a strong footprint in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, and Tanzania: In these countries our 3,000+ strong staff serves over 400,000 smallholding farmers and helps them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Training is both key part of our program model and key part of how we are able to work effectively at scale. Almost all staff start at the entry level for their careers track and many rise rapidly based on performance.
Your work will have a tremendous impact on the organization’s key mission of serving the smallholding farmers and also promoting career development of all the staff.
We currently have an opening for the position of Curriculum Manager at our Regional Offices in western that we are inviting you to apply for. Below are the details for the position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct independent research on new training topics
- Consult with other departments and subject matter experts
- Design and write training curriculum and supporting materials
- Edit and curate curriculum from other departments.
- Design assessment and evaluation tools
- Manage multiple complex and concurrent projects
- Manage and lead team’s professional development
- A diploma or undergraduate degree in Education, training or a relevant field of study is highly desirable
- At least (1-2) years’ experience in teaching
- Experience in curriculum development and assessment preferred
- Experience in strategic planning, project management and managing teams
- Proven communication (oral and written) skills with good attention to detail and fluent in English
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft office
- Excellent attitude, willingness to learn and work hard , humility and ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to set and meet targets
Career development: One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership capacity.
We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and two annual career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
Opportunity to grow and salary increase are based on personal performance. One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Curriculum Manager and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 16thSeptember 2016
CLICK HERE to apply online
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
Please Note: You must be 18 years and above to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund. One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.