- Maintain petty cash at the set limit ensuring no cash shortage at all times.
- Ensure that all cash payments are fully supported and are authorized at set limits as per IRC Kenya delineation chart before disbursement.
- Prepare the petty cash upload spreadsheet to upload stage ready for review by Finance Officer before submission to Nairobi Finance
- Monitor and track cash advanced to program and support staff on a monthly basis ensuring that liquidation reports are prepared and correction journals raised ready for review by finance officer
- Incentives payments after receiving correctly coded and approved incentives staff payrolls from finance officer
- Perform supervised petty cash counts every Friday
- Ensure that all cash received is duly receipted, coded and promptly banked
- Prepare all check disbursement vouchers. Ensure the payment is fully supported and duly authorized per the authorized delineation chart before writing the check
- Ensure that once checks are signed they are collected by vendors and signed for proper identification of the person collecting and details indicated in the checks release register
- Assist in preparation of bank reconciliation statement on a monthly basis for Kakuma bank account
- Rubber stamping ‘paid’ on all such documents once checks and cash vouchers are signed before filing
- Maintain an organized and well documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash and cheque disbursement vouchers. Ensure that files with original documentations are sent to Nairobi on a monthly basis and duplicate files are maintained for field use.
- Act as a bank agent for Kakuma bank account.
- Carrying out finance officer duties in his/her absence.
- To represent finance in weekly tender committee meetings when nominated to do so
- Be receptive to the training IRC will give to develop your technical and professional competence
- Be adaptable and flexible with a view to taking on board new tasks and new assignments in due course
- To act at all times in accordance with US and Kenyan Law and Standard accounting practice.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- O’ Level
- CPA II qualification
- At least three years offinance and accounting experience in a similar post
- Knowledge of fund accounting, procurement and financial management of US and UN cooperative agreements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Supportive personnel management style and ability to work in and as a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Fluency in Turkana/Somali will be an added advantage
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
(IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment
processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any
sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email:
IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.