Employee Category: Full Time
Background / IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 22 US cities.
Job Overview / Summary: Global Service Desk is looking for detailed, and serf-motivated candidate to join multicultural, global service desk in support 5,000+ users.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, troubleshoot and resolved technical problems; respond to telephone calls, emails and user request for technical request utilizing ServiceNow ticketing system.
- Escalate more complex calls to the relevant IT engineer, or third-party support vendor.
- Relies on Knowledgebase and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job; research and document solutions to newly identified problems.
- Respond to service tickets and requests for local desktop support and remote desktop support to meet service level agreement
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, application, network, user access or related issues
- properly triage escalation of the complex issues to the next level support
- manage user accounts (creation, termination, changes)
- Accountable for the successful resolutions of all customer requests
- Assist in managing network resources, including access to file shares, printers, phone system)
- Implement patches and corrective actions needed to mitigate security access
- Test and image desktops and laptops as required
- Support audio/visual/computer equipment as needed for conference or meeting setups
- Take ownership of user problems in order to meet SLA.
- Maintain inventory of IT loaner computers, and computer peripherals, and toners.
Formal Education & Certification
- 3+ years of related experience assisting end users in helpdesk or desktop support environment
- Experience with AD, O365, MS Office 2013, remote tools, Windows 7 (80%) and MAC environment (20%)
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Microsoft certification and computer related classes are big plus
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.