Terms of Reference for a Short Term Consultancy – Workshop Rapporteur
Background: Since 1992, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has provided life-saving services to refugees and vulnerable local communities in Kenya mainly in Dadaab, Kakuma, Lodwar and to urban refugees in urban areas.
Consultancy Purpose and Scope: IRC has organized an International Conference to be held on 25 – 27 October 2016 at Lake Naivasha, Simba Lodge and seeks to commission a Consultant to capture details of the Workshop deliberations and develop a Workshop Report.
- Taking detailed notes of the Workshop specifically:
- Synopsis of presentations and discussions of all the sessions
- Presenters’ papers (collect)
- Main points raised during discussions
- Taking main points within opening ceremony and closing ceremony speeches
- Noting down all the questions and recommendations made throughout the discussions in all the presentations and panels
- Report to include the list of participants, main discussions and recommendations made during the proceedings
- Utilizing the notes taken, prepare a conference report.
- Draft outline report format (soft copy)
- Daily Rapporteur’s report (soft copy)
- Final Workshop report (soft and hard copy)
- Experience in Rapporteur work
- Highly literate in English
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to analyze, summarize and coherently report on diverse perspectives · Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight timelines
- Previous experience at international conferences is an asset
Any person/firm interested in undertaking this Consultancy should send by 5th October 2016 an Expression of Interest indicating remuneration expectation and including a CV of the Rapporteur.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
(IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment
processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any
sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email:
IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.