Introduction: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) provides health services in Hagadera and Kambioos, at Dadaab Refugee Camp since January 2009.
The IRC has 5 main programs which include Health, Nutrition, Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS, Women Empowerment and protection program that are all headed by a manager who in turn report to the Field Coordinator.
The IRC plans to have a general surgical consultant to review and operate the patients with surgical conditions that are booked for the specialized surgical operations in Dadaab complex
The general surgeon must have experience working in Dadaab.
Objective of the consultancy
- To provide consultation services to booked patients with surgical conditions at the IRC Hagadera Hospital.
- To provide surgical operations for all patients reviewed and prepared for operations at IRC hospital main theatre.
Tasks to be performed
In liaison with the Health Manager, the specialist’s consultant will be required to:
- Conduct special clinics and reviews for patients with surgical conditions.
- Conduct surgical operations for the screened patients with assistance of the medical officers.
- Review all post-operative patients before he embarks on operation booked for that day.
- Prepare and submit a report and summaries of patients seen and operated to Health Manager.
- The IRC will ensure the list of the booked patients with surgical conditions is available for General surgeon’s review at Hagadera hospital.
- IRC will provide transport of the general surgeon to and from Dadaab after the consultancy.
- The IRC will ensure the theatre staffs; drugs and other medical supplies required for operation are available for the surgeon to conduct surgeries within the specific camp hospital.
- IRC Hagadera hospital
- KRCS hospital in IFO2
- IRK Hospital in IFO
- MSF hospital in Dagahaley
- The consultancy is expected to last for 5 days from 24th to 28th October, 2016.
- The second consultancy for 5 days to start on 12th Dec to 16th December 2016.
- The IRC will facilitate transport of the general surgeon to and fro Dadaab.
- The IRC will cater for accommodation for the general surgeon during the period of the consultancy.
- The consultant will pay for his meals at IRC cafeteria during the period.
- Payments for consultancy will be made after submission of the surgical report to the Health Manager.
How to Apply
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
(IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment
processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any
sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email:
IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.