Introduction: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) provides health services in Hagadera and Kambioos, at Dadaab Refugee Camp since January 2009.
The IRC has 5 main programs which include Health, Nutrition, Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS, Women Empowerment and protection program that are all headed by a manager who in turn report to the Field Coordinator.
The IRC plans to have obstetric and gynecologist consultant to review and operate the patients with obstetric gynecological conditions that are booked for the specialized obstetric and gynaecologist in Dadaab camps.
Objective of the consultancy: To prepare and operate on the previous pending cases within the Dadaab camps; review the operated patients next day; provide obstetric and Gynecological consultation services to maternity patient with obstetric complications and review patients in GOPC.
- All pending previous cases recommended for surgery from the previous visit are operated.
- Maternity staffs receive mentorship management of maternal condition as per the current Guidelines.
- All the booked patients with obstetric and gynecological conditions will be attended by the specialist and treatment initiated and all cases requiring surgical interventions will be operated.
In liaison with the RH/HIV and Health managers, the specialist’s consultant will be required to:
- Conduct special clinics and reviews for patients with obstetric and gynecological surgical conditions.
- Conduct ward rounds with maternity team (MOs and Nurses) at maternity.
- Called upon by the MOs to review complicated maternal condition.
- Conduct surgical operations for the screened patients with assistance of the medical officers.
- Review all post-operative patients before he embarks on operation booked for that day.
- Prepare and submit a report and summaries of patients seen and operated to health Manager.
- IRC in conjunction with other health implementing partners will provide the list of the patients to be reviewed.
- IRC with other health implementing partners will organize the transport and movement around the Dadaab camp complex.
- IRC will provide transport for the consultant cardiologist from Nairobi and back after the consultancy.
- IRC will provide accommodation to the consultant
- The IRC will ensure the theatre staffs; drugs and other medical supplies required for operation are available for the consultant to conduct surgeries within the specific camps hospital.
- IRC Hagadera hospital
- KRCS hospital in IFO2
- IRK Hospital in IFO
- MSF hospital in dagahley
Terms of payment and Utility:
- The IRC will facilitate transport of the obstetric and gynecologist to and from Dadaab.
- The IRC will cater for accommodation for the general surgeon during the period of the consultancy.
- The consultant will pay for his meals at IRC cafeteria during the period.
- Payments for consultancy will be made after submission of the surgical report to the RH/HIV and Health Manager.
Disclaimer: Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email: IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.