Employee Type: Consultant
Employee Category: Not Applicable
Term of Reference for Cardiologist Consultant
Introduction: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) provides health services in Hagadera and Kambioos, at Dadaab Refugee Camp since January 2009.
In its programming the IRC has 5 main programs which include Health, Nutrition, Protection, HIV/AIDS and a Gender Based Violence program that are all headed by a manager who in turn report to the Field Coordinator.
The IRC plans to have a consultant cardiologist to help in diagnosis and management of cardiac conditions within the Dadaab camp population.
Objective of the consultancy
- To screen patients with suspected cardiac conditions, both pediatrics and adult
- To perform Echocardiography of the pre-screened patients
- To develop plan of management for the cardiac patients both medically and surgically
- To report on the consultancy
Tasks to be performed
In liaison with the Health Manager, the cardiologist consultant will be required to:
- Review patients already in the cardiologist waiting list.
- Perform echocardiogram to confirm some the cardiac conditions.
- Develop plan of management for the reviewed patients
- Prepare and submit a report of the patient reviewed with recommendations for patients both surgically and medically to the health manager.
- IRC in conjunction with other health implementing partners will provide the list of the patients to be reviewed.
- IRC with other health implementing partners will organize the transport and movement around the Dadaab camp complex.
- IRC will provide transport for the consultant cardiologist from Nairobi and back after the consultancy.
- IRC will provide accommodation to the consultant cardiologist
- IRC Hagadera hospital
- KRCS hospital in IFO2
- IRK Hospital in IFO
- MSF hospital in Dagahley
- The first consultancy is expected to last for 4 days from 26th to 29th September, 2016.
- The second consultancy will last for 4 days from 5th to 8th December 2016.
- The IRC will facilitate transport of the consultant to and from Nairobi.
- The IRC will provide accommodation for the consultant at IRC compound.
- The consultant will pay for his/her meals at IRC Hagadera cafeteria.
- Payments will be made after submission of the training report to the Health Manager.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
(IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment
processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any
sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email:
IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.