Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Job purpose / objective: To implement and monitor the nutrition project interventions aimed at contributing to improved children wellbeing outcomes within the operation area.
- Ensure quality and timely identification and treatment of medical complications associated with malnutrition in SC/OTP/SFP in liaison with the clinical services program.
- Give drug regimen for children in the SC, OTP and SFP programs.
- Provide treatment services to malnourished children at the Stabilization center
- Ensure nutrition indicators at SC, OTP and SFP meet SPHERE standards
- Supervise and coordinate the strict patient management of children in the Outpatient therapeutic feeding and supplementary feeding programs.
- Participate in daily ward rounds in the SC ward with the medical team.
- Train the nutrition team in case detection and home-based care.
- Mentor the nutrition assistant staff to manage patients with acute malnutrition as per protocol.
- Train and mentor IRC staff and other key stakeholders in GMP, IYCF, MNDC, IMAM; especially the OTP and SC staff.
- Ensure the establishment of nutrition monitoring activities and train health staff in case detection and referral system.
- Participate in the conduction of studies and surveys.
- Participate in the delivery of trainings for health staff and in capacity building.
- Improvement of the MIYCN program in the camp.
- Ensure timely reporting in accordance with set deadlines.
- Improve the provision of quality nutrition counseling in the hospital SC and Comprehensive care Clinic (CCC) and other entry points in the health programme in liaison with relevant IRC sectors.
- Plan and Conduct continuous monitoring of the OTP and SC patient management through quality of care (QoC) assessments.
- Participate in program strategic planning and roll-out of new program areas in liaison with key stakeholders and cooperating partners.
- Adhere and uphold IRC code of conduct at respective work area.
- Directly supervise nutrition assistants in OTP/SFP programs.
- Supervise and work in strict collaboration with the nutrition team in the screening activities of severely malnourished children.
- Identify training gaps for the incentive staff and beneficiaries within nutrition program and communicate the same to the program manager.
- Ensure proper communication, coordination and harmonization of tools with the different stakeholders involved in food/nutrition activities.
- Develop and coordinate the adherence and reporting of nutrition education sessions as per developed annual plan.
- In collaboration with the Nutrition Manager and the logistics officer follow-up food provision.
- Create appropriate linkages and referral for nutrition activities.
- Work closely with other health programs in spirit of integration for maximum output.
- Attend all program implementation meetings.
- Diploma in nursing.
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Must possess at least three (3) years experience in implementing nutrition related activities in a busy community set up.
- S/He must possess ability to analyze and interpret both quantitative and qualitative programmed data.
- Must possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have cognate skills in computer appreciation.
- MUST possess a high level of integrity and with good interpersonal skills
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions.
- Qualification in nursing as KRCHN
- Addition nutrition training in CMAM/IMAM and MIYCN is an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills, oral, written and presentation.
- Previous experience in Arid and Semi Arid Lands of Kenya
- Previous experience working in insecure contexts
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Strong background in humanitarian projects.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, E- mail, out look
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
(IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment
processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any
sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email:
IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.