Employee Type: Consultant
Employee Category: Not Applicable
Term of Reference for Consultant from KAWE
Introduction: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) provides health services in Hagadera and Kambioos, at Dadaab Refugee Camp since January 2009.
In its programming the IRC has 5 main programs which include Health, Nutrition, Protection, HIV/AIDS and a Gender Based Violence program that are all headed by a manager who in turn report to the Field Coordinator.
The IRC plans to have a consultant KAWE with expertise in epileptic conditions and the related complications to help in diagnosis and management of epilepsy and related conditions within the Dadaab camp population.
Objective of the consultancy
- To provide consultation services to the Epileptic patients both on regular follow up and new patients in Dadaab Complex.
- To provide consultation services to the inpatient epileptic patients
- To develop plan of management all patients reviewed
- To report on the consultation
Tasks to be performed
In liaison with the Health Manager, the KAWE consultant will be required to:
- Conduct special clinics and reviews for patients with different convulsive disorders within the Dadaab complex with the help of the medical officers,mental health officers and assistance.
- Develop plan of management for the screened patients with assistance of the medical officers and mental health officers.
- To help with emergencies related with convulsive disorders when called upon
- Prepare and submit a report and summaries of patients seen and operated to Health Manager.
- IRC in conjunction with other health implementing partners will provide the list of the patients to be reviewed.
- IRC with other health implementing partners will organize the transport and movement around the Dadaab camp complex.
- IRC will provide transport for the consultant psychiatrist to and fro Dadaab after the consultancy.
- IRC will provide accommodation to the consultant
- IRC Hagadera hospital
- KRCS hospital in IFO2
- IRK Hospital in IFO
- MSF hospital in Dagahley
Terms of payment and Utility:
- The IRC will facilitate transport of the consultant to and from Nairobi.
- The IRC will provide accommodation for the consultant at IRC compound.
- The consultant will pay for his/her meals at IRC Hagadera cafeteria.
- Payments will be made after submission of the training report to the Health Manager.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRC.Recruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
(IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment
processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any
sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email:
IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.