Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Its mission is to be the leading humanitarian organization in Kenya delivering excellent quality service of preventing and alleviating human suffering.
The Society seeks to fill the following position:
Position Title: Risk & Compliance Manager
Reporting to: Head of Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance
Job location: Headquarters
Overall Purpose: Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance; the Risk and Compliance Manager will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing all risk management activities and assessing compliance with internal policies, relevant contracts/agreements and all legal and regulatory requirements.
In addition, the Risk and Compliance Manager will be responsible for assessing effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial transactions and efficiency of operations of the Global Fund programmes.
(S)He will review controls and financial records of Sub Recipients (SRs) to identify risk factors, prepare audit reports and develop recommendations for improving service delivery systems for SRs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in development and implementation of a risk management framework for the organization
- Lead regular review and updating of the risk management plans for the PR and SRs implementing the Global Fund programme
- Support staff in aligning departmental and programs risk management framework to the Organizational framework
- Support the Head of Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance in assessing organizational internal controls and recommending improvements.
- Coordinate Program audits for Principal Recipient (PR) and SRs in liaison with the Finance and programme departments and follow through the implementation of the audit recommendations.
- Review internal financial records (PR) and those of Sub Recipients to ensure reliability.
- Conduct reviews to ensure compliance with specific donor requirements.
- Conduct reviews to determine compliance with Organizational operating procedures as well as make recommendations on how to improve compliance.
- Coordinate the SR internal audits and follow through the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Participate and/or represent the Head of Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance in multidisciplinary teams to develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate and/or represent the Head of Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance in Internal Audit and Risk committee meetings.
- Conduct special audits on suspected fraud and recommend controls to mitigate against frauds.
- Post Graduate degree in finance, business administration, commerce, economics or equivalent qualifications plus professional accounting qualifications such as CPA and CIA and membership to a relevant professional body
- Over five years relevant professional experience in the areas of audits, accounting and risk management gained in an organization implementing country wide programmes.
- Broad knowledge of principles, procedures, and best practices involving accounting and financial record keeping including donor accounting procedures;
- Demonstrate knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, audit techniques, testing and sampling methods typically involved in conducting audits;
- Good understanding of risk management and ability to advice on best practices in donor funded programs;
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a variety of constituents within and external to the organization, both orally and in writing;
- Proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, word-processing, and presentation applications, including computerized finance, accounting, auditing, and record keeping systems and experience working with large and complex data sets
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 14th September 2016.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees.