Job Title: Key Accounts Representative
Reports To: National Sales Manager
Job Purpose: Key Account Representative will be responsible for managing and building strong business relationships with all the Mini supermarket accounts under your portfolio.
The incumbent will manage and oversee the profitability of their business by developing long-term and short-term sales goals, as well as channel strategies to achieve business objectives.
Key Accounts: Mini Markets
Leadership and Management
- Communicate and articulate the business objectives to the team leaders and merchandiser in a clear and concise manner so that their actions and activities are properly aligned with the business objectives.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers
- Set aggressive targets and continuously monitoring performance to ensure that the Merchandising team’s outputs are aligned to the business objectives and achieved.
- Resolve issues, problems, and challenges that may arise from time to time within the outlet
- Ensure that required reports are accurately prepared and issued in a timely manner.
- Establish and periodically review Key Performance Indicators and Measures for the outlets to track performance and put in place mechanisms and actions for continuous improvement.
- Look ahead at risks, issues and challenges likely to occur on the outlets and proactively addressing them to avoid failure to achieve set targets.
- Maintain a physical presence in the field to reinforce the account strategy , in-store execution and identify high performance
- Forecast and track key account metrics
- Responsible for overall account performance in your defined territory/stores
- Identify opportunities and anticipate competitive offers in the market
- Assist company in the product planning process by providing relevant customers’ insights, strategic thinking and leadership related to all aspects of the business
- Works with HQ Teams including sales, marketing, product and finance to develop forecasts for wholesale sales within the designated territory/stores, monitor performance against sales objectives, and update as needed.
- Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
- Provide outstanding, excellent customer service and enhance customer relationships through relationship-based selling.
- New customer acquisition and market share growth through education and innovative methods of prospecting.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Meet or exceed territory/store sales goals, new customer acquisition goals and increase overall company brand awareness.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
Training and Communication
- Contributes and takes an active role on all meetings and training sessions; shares best practices and insights for overall growth and improvement of Key Account Division.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all sales samples, POS displays and selling collateral for educating and selling the complete product line.
- Exhibits strong communication skills and team-based approach with other departments; consistently follows up on requests, orders and Deliveries.
- Liaise with other the management and external Stakeholders on all matters related to the various outlet on marketing and communication.
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Monthly Sales out Report.
- Quarterly Business evaluation Report
- Performing any other duties assigned
- Direct Reports to this Position
Knowledge, skills and experience required for this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales and Marketing.
- 4-5 years working experience in Sales and Marketing FMCG
- Prudent skill in communication
- Effective leadership, training and counseling skills
Competencies required for this Role
- Proficient in Ms Office Suites, Sage pastel
- Good interpersonal and Communication skills
Qualified candidates who meet the above requirements to send their applications and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org