Job Ref.: BMK- 299610
Reports to (position): Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
The Organisation is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations in the world. It works in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty particularly those who are excluded or marginalized.
- Develop and implement Learning and KM plan
- Support M&E and other project technical staff in developing and implementing evaluation and operation research studies, disseminating results and writing briefs, reports & peer-reviewed publications
- Collaborate in the development of organizational and project’s Learning & KM standards, tools and approaches
- Promote knowledge exchange among staff within and across the project counties
- Conduct ethical and content reviews of operation research and assessments including tools as part of the E&R SOP process, provide training on operation research SOPs
- Provide assistance for design and implementation of learning agenda research questions as per the projects learning framework and as requested.
- Lead the implementation of the project’s learning agenda including the project’s teaching technical working group (TWG).
- Support projects’ thematic heads and other technical staff in production of reports, journal articles, papers and/or other conference materials
- Perform any other M&E, Learning and KM related functions
- Represent the project in L&KM and M&E related activities as delegated by the project Management
- High contact with the monitoring and evaluation staff and project staff
- Low contact with children
- Masters level of education in Public health or equivalent with a bias towards research methodology.
- Minimum of 7-9 years of experience in providing technical assistance in Learning, operation research and KM preferably in public health projects, including in building capacity
- Solid experience in program design, Learning, KM and operation research
- Solid experience in the design, implementation and reporting of research and evaluation studies
- Excellent computer skills, with knowledge of necessary analytic software applications (both quantitative such as SPSS/ Stata and qualitative, such as Nvivo, and Atlas.ti)
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Respect, integrity, diversity, commitment to excellence, adaptability, able to perform under stress, innovation, building relationships, communicating effectively, coaching and mentoring, developing and working in teams, initiating action, planning and organizing.
- Commitment to The Organisation’s mission and values.
Level of Contact with Children:
- Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews