Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to Growth Director
The Opportunity: We are seeking a highly organised and passionate professional to join our team as the Facilities Officer based in Nairobi Kenya.
- Project manage the setting up of all new offices and branches including budget setting, checklist timelines, lease negotiation, build out and setting up of the offices and warehouses.
- Ensure all Living Good facilities (branches, head office and warehouses) are fully compliant with all legal and licensing requirements and be the main point of contact for the landlords.
- Ensure all Living Goods facilities are in good maintenance at all times to allow staff to work effectively.
- Manage the security requirements for Living Goods Kenya facilities and be the point contact for any safety and security issues.
- Manage the renewal of all leases in a timely manner, overseeing all negotiations.
- Manage the ongoing timely and cost effective non stock procurement requirements to ensure the smooth operation of Living Goods Kenya facilities e.g. stationery and printing orders, tech orders, marketing purchases and staff uniforms etc. This includes obtaining quotes, issuing local purchase orders and obtaining all necessary sign offs managing the end to end purchasing process.
- Maintain a database of all nonstock procurements suppliers, managing the supplier selection, management and review processes in line with Living Goods agreed processes.
- Manage all service providers and contractors used by Living Goods Kenya ensuring they are fit for purpose and deliver to the right quality and cost including security contractors, caterers, pest control, training venues etc
- New branches set up on time and to budget and to the right standard
- Branches and offices have all the right support and materials to allow for smooth operations
- Turnaround time in responding to branch requests and resolving facility issues
- Minimum 4 years of experience in facilities management and procurement
- Ability to budget and manage payments with good spreadsheet skills.
- Ideally experience in Security Management
- University degree.
- Willingness to travel across Kenya and regularly stay up-country with estimated travel time of 30-50%.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact effectively with different teams
- High integrity and collaborative workstyle a must.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organisation skills.
- Good mathematics and deductive reasoning skills
What is Living Goods? Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods: Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE to apply online through our applicant tracking system. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @Living_Goods