Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to Growth Director
The Opportunity: We are seeking a highly organized and passionate professional to join our team as the Logistics Officer based in Nairobi Kenya. The ideal candidate is an analytical and detail-oriented professional.
- Accountable for the end-to-end tracking and follow-up of stock deliveries and receipts across the organization, including staging, loading, transporting, receiving, obtaining the proper documentation, and updating the Point of Sales system. This is inclusive of the occasional cross-border transfers that occur between Kenya and Uganda.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute quarterly and monthly delivery plans to branches to ensure branches are 100% in-stock and have all items needed to operate while minimizing costs to the organization.
- Oversee the receiving of all deliveries of procurement to Head Office in Nairobi, including quality control inspection and coordinating all payments with Finance.
- Manage the selection of transport suppliers, ensuring that all suppliers meet Living Goods’ supplier standards and requirements.
- Oversee the Head Office warehouse, including its organization, cleanliness, and suitability for the stock being held; this includes regularly arranging for the disposal of damaged and expired goods as needed.
- Follow up immediately with transporters in case of any delivery problems and resolve the issues quickly.
- Ensure all branches are clear on warehousing and logistical procedures and offer clarification where needed.
- Periodically support the review of logistical needs as Living Goods expands to determine the most cost-effective methods to transport goods.
- Support monthly stock taking and inventory management processes which may include following up on investigations as requested by the Procurement Officer.
- Complete accurate and on time weekly stock level reporting.
- Coordinate the transport of all damaged products which need to be returned to Head Office from branches.
- Minimum 2 years experience in logistics inventory management.
- Clearly demonstrated ability to manage projects and plan ahead.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving dynamic environment.
- Ability to deliver results as an individual and within a team.
- A good eye for detail and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent computer literacy especially with Excel and data analysis.
- Experience with Quick Books POS system is a plus.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Logistics, Procurement, and Supply Chain Management.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of the poor. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply for Logistics officer through our applicant tracking system.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @Living_Goods