The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use instalment plan.
M-KOPA has been recognised for its pioneering business mode and scale, notably winning the 2015 Zayed Future Energy Prize, being selected as the top New Energy Pioneer at the 2014 Bloomberg New Energy Finance awards and earning the 2013 FT/IFC Excellence in Sustainable Finance Award.
M-KOPA has also successfully tested a range of new products that leverage its relationship with customers, and M-KOPA’s unique competencies in mobile telecommunications and ICT.
- Collecting, understanding and analyzing operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Documenting all business requirements in a clear and concise manner
- Engaging business users and the technology team in order to prioritize system feature requests
- Engaging business users and the technology team in design of M-KOPA’s systems with a view to maximizing value for all involved
- Ensuring the user experience in M-KOPA systems is optimal
- Developing new business processes that have an impact on M-KOPA’s systems and making improvements on existing ones
- Suggesting improvements to M-KOPA’s systems by studying current practices and conceptualizing solutions to challenges arising
- Developing user documentation and training manuals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an attention to detail
- Strong analysis skills which will include business process modelling (BPM), use cases and data modelling
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage own time with changing priorities in an agile environment
- Nothing short of excellent oral and written communication skills
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to go the extra mile to assist other team members
- Working in an Agile environment
- Prior experience working on UX modelling
Deadline for application is 5pm on Sunday 9th October, 2016.
Please Note: M-KOPA Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA, as a policy, does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.