M-KOPA is seeking a Licensed Market Manager who will own the launch of
M-KOPA product into new licensed country markets. Manages the
relationship between M-KOPA and the licensee.
communication and launch readiness with internal M-KOPA teams. Provides
the ongoing management and support of the market to ensure SLAs are
being met with the client.
The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use instalment plan.
As of January, 2016 M-KOPA employs over 900 full time staff across East Africa and sells through a network of over 1,000 direct sales agents. It has also commenced licensing its technology to partners in other markets.
M-KOPA has also successfully tested a range of new products that leverage its relationship with customers, and M-KOPA’s unique competencies in mobile telecommunications and ICT.
- Works with client to understand detailed requirements for new licensed market
- Ensures compliance of branding guidelines in region
- Delivers full solution to licensee
- Generates requirements for M-KOPA team
- Leads M-KOPA team to prepare for launch: M-KOPANET, inventory, warehouse, branding, etc
- Supports preparation and launch activities in region to ensure training and implementation is executed well
- Provides ongoing support to client after region is launched with quarterly check ins
- Reports status, issues, or wins to M-KOPA leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Development, Economics, Finance, or equivalent work experience.
- 8 years of Program Management experience or Business Development
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly to gain deep knowledge of M-KOPA business model
- Experience dealing with external customers to understand their requirements and deliver
- Ability to share and impart knowledge
- Organizational and time management skills; can work in an ambiguous fast paced environment
- Ability to create business/ project plans with little direction.
- Competent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to lead projects and gain buy in
- Ability to evaluate business processes, identify risks and evaluate controls.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Advanced investigative and analytical skills
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 30% of work time.
Deadline for application is 5pm on Sunday 9th October, 2016.
Please Note: M-KOPA Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff.
M-KOPA, as a policy, does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.