Overall Purpose: The Facilities Officer will be responsible for: – Management and Maintenance of the Academy’s facilities including infrastructure.
- Organize and carry out maintenance duties to ensure the general upkeep and maintenance of the all facilities.
- Set and monitor maintenance standards throughout the Academy.
- Responsible for administration and control of the maintenance budget.
- Prepare specifications for tenders for repair and maintenance works and identify service providers for these works.
- Establish and manage related agreements and relationships.
- Oversee the operation of a preventative planned maintenance program and the routine inspection of the facilities and ensure that urgent, minor repairs are carried out.
- To manage contractors/third parties and ensure work is fairly allocated and crews are deployed as necessary.
- Lead and participate in the organization and movement of equipment within the Academy.
- Raise purchase orders for maintenance materials within the allocated budget and to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained.
- Ensure the responsible operation, care and maintenance of all equipment and tools associated with maintenance work so that proper safety standards and requirements are applied.
- Report any security breaches to the security team and recommend appropriate improvements to the security of assets.
- Advise on all relevant Health and Safety regulations and ensure that all relevant regulations are complied with by contractors.
- Liaise with the grounds maintenance contractors where necessary so as to ensure the facilities are maintained to the required standard.
- Oversee the maintenance of all relevant logs, records and information as required
- To manage day to day facility management issues/enquiries and deal with performance management issues relating to service delivery.
- Holder of Higher National Diploma in Construction (Building economics) from Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology or Bachelor’s degree in Building Economics or Civil Engineer or its equivalent
- Hands on experience and can fix simple breakages.
- At least three years’ Experience in premises management and handling logistics with multiple partners/contractors.
- Experience in preparation of Bills of Quantities, interpretation of architectural drawings and supervision of works.
- Key Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated administrative, communication, organizational, logistics and task management skills
- Ability to think creatively to improve the efficiency of systems and projects within the organization
- Resourceful; able to develop and implement solutions to challenges as they arise in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
The ideal candidates must embody Excellence, Responsible Citizenship, Curiosity, Accountability, Leadership and Innovation – the values that will drive life across all elements of The Academy for educators, learners, and staff.
Indicating the Title of position and Reference Number on the subject line of your email to email@example.com
hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The closing date for the applications is 18th September, 2016.
M-PESA Foundation Academy is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and
gender equity within the organization.