Vacancy: Maintenance Technician
Location: Thika – Ngoliba
Overall Purpose of the Job: Ensure that factory equipments are maintained in a preventive fashion to ensure optimum reliability and up time.
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Engineer; the Mechanical Maintenance Technician key focus areas are as follows:
- Productivity and reliability
- Timely completion of tasks
- Autonomous maintenance documentation
- Quality of job to avoid repetition
- Correct fault diagnosis
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure machine daily preoperative and start up checks are carried out.
- Troubleshooting equipment faults by utilizing standardized problem solving techniques, verifying that proper investigative actions are completed so that root causes are quickly identified.
- Perform autonomous maintenance and Preventive maintenance of equipments by cleaning, lubrication, inspection and tightening.
- Effectively utilize and maintain KAIZEN based autonomous maintenance systems, including following computer based and paper documentation
- Participate in maintenance improvement teams, e.g. kaizen, cost reduction, health and safety as assigned
- Ensuring all safety rules and safe work procedures are followed in all work areas.
- Adhere to all Food Safety Regulations while carrying out maintenance work including tools reconciliation.
- Liaise with maintenance Engineer to maintain/stock needed spares to avoid equipment down times
- Working to maintain the integrity of the facility and equipments to ensure on-going safe and reliable operations.
- Participating in any other duties that shall be reasonably assigned by Management from time to time.
Experience and Background
- A HND/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience in maintenance of plant equipment in FMCG.
Other Vital Qualities
- A highly energetic individual
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- A high level of integrity and reliability
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- A team player with attention to detail and follow up
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure and understands and acknowledge views of others.
- Excellent command of English and Swahili (spoken and written) with additional language skills being a plus
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org