Strategic Purpose of the Programme Operations Unit: to ensure excellent delivery all MSKs programme activities and the development and funding of new work
Marie Stopes Kenya is an NGO registered in Kenya. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. We deliver quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women.
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, pioneering, sustainable and people centered
- To provide clinical services and ensure that MSK centres meet the requisite QTA standards
- Responsible for reporting on all major and minor complications arising in the day to day operations of the centres
- Coordinating and administering relevant and timely continuous medical updates to other staff to meet MSK’s operations needs.
- Accurate information is available relating to service delivery and client feedback at the centres
- Empowering and Effective team management
- Internal QTA scores and external QTA including Obstetric audits
- Reports on Major and Minor complications
- CME log sheets
- Client feedback assessments
- 360 degree feedback
- Overall quality inputs into service delivery, including running full out-patient clinic/ obstetric unit and carrying out surgical procedures as laid down in the protocols.
- Providing locum cover in any of the MSK centres as might be required.
- Ensure there is proper and effective use of medical equipment and supplies and for notifying the centre manager of needs for repair, maintenance or replacements etc.
- Continuous monitoring of the other team members involved in service delivery, with the mandate to enforce corrective measures within the center.
- Conducting regular internal quality audit checks at the centre.
- Daily service statistics reported via CLIC
- Equipment inventory
- Internal Quality Audit checks
- Timely recognition of potential medical complications and dealing with or refer them as appropriate.
- Timely and appropriately reporting on all major and minor complications to the MAT
- Establishing clear and concise referral protocols and directories that are routinely updated.
- Providing timely feedback to the team on any gaps identified in the comprehensive treatment cycle. This includes, but not limited to ensuring that client clinical notes for all cadres are comprehensive and that remedial action is recommended and enforced.
- Completed Major and Minor Incidence Forms
- Updated Referral Directories
- Minutes of feedback meetings and targeted CMEs
- Develop clear framework for regular clinical updates for all health care staff cadres at the centres
- Preparing and participating fully in Continuous Medical Education (C.M.E.)
- Liaise with the QAM department in supporting regular quality updates at the centre
- Routinely seek personal professional development in clinical skills and updates to deliver high quality services
- CME log frame
- Regular CME log sheets
- Clinical skills assessment forms
- Maintain high quality service delivery data and ensure prompt reporting is achieved in line with MOH and MSK reporting framework
- Respond to data collection needs appropriately
- Proactively seek clients feedback in line with MSK customer focussed approach
- Updated Service Registers
- Client Feedback logs
- Day to day supervision of the clinical service team to ensure that team delivers high quality services
- Routine mentorship and on job training of peers and other health care cadre staff
- Participating in performance appraisal and feedback for other staff members within the team, in conjunction with the center manager.
- Performance Plus-Staff appraisals conducted and feedback provided to team members.
- Training Needs Assessment
- 360 degrees appraisal
- Mentorship log sheets
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized university.
- Must have completed 1 year of internship in a busy hospital
- Must be registered with the Medical Practitioners and dentists board and possess a valid Private practice License
- Proven clinical skills and competencies
- I.T skills
- Report writing skills
- Leadership skills
Successful performance at MSK is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Medical Officer”