Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007.
- Oversee the receiving, storage and dispatching of supplies and project materials to the respective camps
- Ensure effective and efficient logistics support for daily Area operations including procurement and supplies, all being implemented in accordance within the policies and standards, as well as approved budgets
- Participate in the tendering process including preparation of tender documents relating to construction materials and equipment
- Prepare procurement plans in conjunction with relevant departments
- Ensure that procurement status reports are up to date at all times and are shared appropriately
- Oversee the warehouse operations to ensure stock security adherence to policies, process, procedure and guidelines
- Ensure that all records including inventory lists of NRC items and equipment are updated and easily available to authorized users
- Ensure that the periodic inventory reports are prepared as required internally by NRC and/or by donors ie monthly, quarterly, yearly
- Ensure the functionality of NRC Dadaab fleet of vehicles and equipment to support program implementation
- Ensure proper vehicle and other equipment utilization, maintenance, fuel consumption and monitoring and controls systems as per NRC policies and procedures
- Assign duties, supervise and appraise section staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Logistics with basic accounting knowledge
- Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies
- Five years working experience in Logistics department
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Some knowledge of English
Education level: Academy college / University
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- High level of personal integrity
- Good team leader
- Organised and a good planner with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Significant understanding of complex emergencies
- Understanding of various donors requirements
- Excellent working skills with Microsoft Office and a database package.
Duty station: Dadaab
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Logistics
- Role: Middle / line manager
Candidates should apply on line by going through www.nrc.no.
Deadline for application: 21/09/2016