Ref. nr.: 3201622413
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007.
- Implement NRC’s ICT policies and guidelines at office level
- Ensure system security
- Perform system and application migration /upgrades
- Enroll and train users on Okta and other NRC online resources
- Schedule computer related services, maintenance and license renewals
- Ensure installation and maintenance of protection services (anti-viruses and firewalls)
- Plan network maintenance and audits from time to time
- Provide ICT support and trainings to staff
- Liaise with ICT service providers
- Attend and participate in interagency ICT meetings and provide solutions to existing challenges
- Stand in for the ICT Officer
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in information and communication technology or equivalent qualification in ICT
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience in a humanitarian context
- Hands on using Microsoft, cisco meraki, Lenovo, HP, UBiQUiTi, and other ICT industry brands
- Knowledge of long distance point to multipoint transmissions in remote areas
- High level of competency in resolving hardware, software and common network problems
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own manager skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Education level: Academy college / University
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- High level of personal integrity
- Good team leader
- Organized and a good planner with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Significant understanding of complex emergencies
- Understanding of various donors requirements
- Excellent working skills with Microsoft Office and a database package.
Duty station: Dadaab
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: IT (Software) IT (Hardware)
- Role: Assistant
Candidates should apply on line by going through www.nrc.no.
Deadline for application: 21/09/2016