As an Accounting Specialist will be responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate accounting function that aids in achievement of business unit objectives. Reporting to the Country Manager.
The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 40 markets, including brands like OLX, Avito, letgo, dubizzle, among others.
The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web.
Our 3000+ committed employees are making a difference from our 25 offices across the globe.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
Planning and forecasting
- Provide cashflow forecasts on a monthly basis
- Prepare a monthly rolling forecast for marketing budgets in the geographical areas managed in Kenya
- Preparation of statutory audit reports for external year-end audit
- Reimburse petty cash on a timely basis
- Review payroll and provide approval
- Approval of travel allowances to staff and capture duly submitted expense reports
- Contribute to budget execution strategy for Kenya, Uganda, Ghana and other territories
- Cost management
- Preparation of annual budget, business plan and quarterly forecasts
- Provide guidance accounting for new revenue streams
- Analyse budgets and forecasts for business units and report to business managers
- Contracting and approval of new suppliers through formulation and implementation of sound procurement procedures.
- Making supplier payments
- Tax affairs – tax returns and related schedules
- Maintain receivables cycle for debtors and ensure adequate follow up and provision for bad debts
- Prepare various monthly reporting journals with completion of GL using the financial systems
- Inter –company transactions capture & balance confirmation
- Provide revenue reports against budgets
- Financial reporting
- Ensure MIH IEA compliance
- University business degree qualification
- CPA K qualification
- Experience in a Multi-national organization is a plus
- 7-10 years previous relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Ms Office applications and advanced skill with Ms-excel
- Knowledge of ACCPAC/ HFM accounting software an advantage
- Knowledge in financial regulation and legislation
- Professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work in a dynamic, multicultural environment
- Data driven and analytical with strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, technical and numerical abilities
- Hands-on attitude & enjoys creating and implementing new business plans
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Speed and accuracy
- Flexible, and deadline driven
- Highly organized
- Great entrepreneurial opportunity
- An exciting blend of a vibrant startup environment and a professional operation
- Work as part of a global, highly ambitious team and fast-growing company
- Be part of the one of the largest online classifieds in Kenya and work with a team of experts in e-commerce and online classifieds
Are you ready to live your dream and apply for this role? It only takes a few minutes to apply using our simple application template. Once you’ve it out submit it online and our talent scouts promise to give it serious consideration.
Improve the world.
CLICK HERE to apply online
If you have any further questions with regards this career opportunity, please feel free to contact us through the contact form
Applications close on Wednesday 14.09.2016