About the role: The candidate will have the chance to work in a dynamic environment in a country in full recovery and have operational responsibilities implementing the CRS project, supervising a team of agronomists, interacting with small holder farmers and project counter parts.
- Coordinate the relationship between Fresh Salone CRS and USAID
- Development of M&E system in accordance with USAID requirements
- Supervise implementation of project activities including training of farmers groups
- Manage Fresh Salone team compromising of agronomists, connectors and support staff
- Coordinate activities for the training of 70 farmer groups on good agricultural practices
- Manage the set up and maintenance of demonstration farms
- Develop supply chain of agricultural inputs to smallholder farmers
- Spear head the scoping of new funding opportunities
- Undergraduate degree and at least 5 years of working experience being at least two working with smallholder famers in Africa with understanding in horticulture
- Previous experience working with development partners, added advantage for candidates with working experience with USAID projects
- Ability to work in resource scare environments in remote areas
- Excellent communication skills
Deadline: 10th October2016
N.B. When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.