- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, and/or distribution of products.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organisation officials, and staff members as necessary.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
- Monitor businesses and agencies to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
- Supervise other managers and staff.
- Coordinate business operations.
- Develop business strategies.
- Work directly with clients.
- Oversee a budget.
- Set goals for an entire department or division based on the company’s plans.
- Make presentations to top executive staff.
- Develop new business opportunities.
- Write reports on business operations for the executive staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Leadership ability
- Teamwork skills
- Work independently without direct supervision
- Understanding of how to develop and implement business strategies
- Thorough knowledge of company history, culture, identity and goals
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, executive leadership and support staff
- Able to supervise a large staff of middle management and support staff
- Ability to delegate work
- Problem-solving and conflict management
- Degree in a Business Related course
- At least 5 years of experience
Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2441”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2441, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. Applications without a Motivation Letter will not be considered.
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th October 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.