Job Vacancy: Optician
Basic Job Description: Design, measure, fit, and adapt lenses and frames for client according to written optical prescription or specification.
Assist client with selecting frames.
Measure customer for size of eyeglasses and coordinate frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescription.
Prepare work order for optical laboratory containing instructions for grinding and mounting lenses in frames.
Verify exactness of finished lens spectacles.
Adjust frame and lens position to fit client. May shape or reshape frames.
- Verify measurements of clients’ i.e. bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical centers of eyes, using measuring devices.
- Verify that finished lenses are ground to specifications.
- Prepare work orders and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
- Assist clients in selecting frames according to style and color, and ensure that frames are coordinated with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames to suit client needs.
- Manage Sell goods such as contact lenses, spectacles, sunglasses, and other goods related to eyes in general.
- Heat, shape, or bend plastic or metal frames in order to adjust eyeglasses to fit clients, using pliers and hands.
- Ensure proper maintenance of records within the department.Basic bookkeeping duties associated with tracking patient’s orders received, recording purchases, maintaining and tracking inventory.
- Being in charge of the optical workshop, managing its operations and working closely with other interlinked departments e.g. finance for smooth flow of operations.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports as and when they are required by the management.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A Diploma in Optical Technology from a reputable Institution.
- S/he should have at least 2-3 year’s work experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good exposure in operating manual and semi-auto machines.
- Excellent leadership skills.
Must be available to start immediately
How to Apply:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who adequately possess the stated qualifications and skills should apply by sending their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating current and expected salary.
The email subject should be OPTICIAN.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews