Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global)
Africa Regional Office
Vacancy: Associate Regional Director – Service Delivery
Based in Nairobi, Kenya
Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global) is the international division of Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) an international non-governmental organization working in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The Africa Regional Office (ARO) of PP Global seeks to recruit Associate Regional Director for Service Delivery.
Based on Planned Parenthood Global mission and goals, the Associate Regional Director, Service Delivery will provide overall leadership in the development, implementation, and long-term viability of PP Global’s client–centered sexual and reproductive health service delivery projects and; facilitate the efficiency and effectiveness of services so that PP Global’s partners in Africa can carry out their respective missions to provide sustainable quality services.
The position reports to the Africa Regional Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Program Development
- Works with the Country Team Leaders to identify country service delivery needs and new implementing partners; and in conceptualizing and designing new programs and projects.
- Provides technical guidance on the development of partners’ project plans and budgets.
- Collaborates with Country Team Leaders in the development of country plans to ensure service delivery programs are linked with advocacy programs.
- Works with the Africa Regional Director to develop regional operational plans and provide technical guidance on implementation of service delivery components.
- Works with the Country Team Leaders to ensure service delivery programs align with divisional and regional strategic plans, and leads country team meetings in ARO to ensure programmatic coherence, communication, and tracking against country plans.
- Contributes to strengthening systems particularly to support service delivery programs in the focus countries.
- Provides technical guidance on development of regional drafts of donor proposals.
2. Technical Assistance
- Provides guidance to POs on identifying and documenting partners’ training and technical assistance needs to strengthen partners’ programmatic, institutional and financial capacity.
- Consults with PP Global’s Director of Services and guide POs on providing training and ongoing technical assistance and documenting the processes of clinical provider training and support supervision, clinical quality assurance, and commodity security.
- Provide guidance to POs on training and management of community health workers for demand creation and community-based distribution of commodities.
- Works with Senior Program Officer Communications to effectively develop and implement program communication strategies to increase uptake of service delivery.
- Works with ARO staff to tailor in – country technical assistance and trainings to ensure the achievement of project goals through strengthening programmatic, organizational and financial capacity.
3. Program Monitoring and Reporting
- In collaboration with Associate Director-Monitoring & Evaluation, oversees overall program monitoring and evaluation through reports and on-site visits as well as ensuring accurate data for purposes of reporting, program improvement and donor accountability.
- Collaborates on program evaluation and other research activities.
- In collaboration with the Grants Accountants, oversees monitoring of program budget.
- Manages preparation and submission of regional drafts of donor programmatic and financial reports.
- Writes program updates and briefs.
4. Visibility / Collaboration
- Collaborates with Regional director to identify opportunities for new projects and collaborations
- Networks with key international organizations working in the area of Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) service delivery and develop collaborative relationships.
- Works with assigned regional staff to prepare reports, including donor reports and refunding donor proposals.
- Assists in developing fundraising proposals and concept papers for both partners and for PP Global.
- Supports the writing of articles and abstracts for publication and presents at conferences on behalf of PP Global and regional partners in order to raise the visibility and to develop a greater understanding of our work.
5. Supervision / staff development
- Ensures that new service delivery staff receive timely orientation and training in ARO and PP Global administrative procedures.
- Supervises service delivery regional staff in office and during site visits
- Conducts performance appraisals and contributes to decisions on staff recruitment in collaboration with HR Manager.
- Works with HR Manager to identify staff development needs and provide the resources to build staff capacity.
Education: Master’s or advanced degree in public health, health administration, health systems management, international development, sociology or related field.
- Minimum of ten years experience in management of multi-country SRH programs in sub-Saharan Africa preferably with an international NGO, including experience in: program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; developing and monitoring work plans and budgets; working with programs to identify and address training and technical assistance needs, preferably with a focus on rights-based sexual and reproductive health service delivery; and managing work with implementing partners.
- Ability to: work independently and as a member of a team; conceptualize programs; analyze and synthesize information; verbally communicate clearly and persuasively in English, including conducting presentations; facilitating workshops; anticipate, prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a timely manner with a keen attention to detail and follow-through; to independently or through consultation identify the root cause of a problem, determine a solution and systematically implement a solution.
- Must have excellent English writing skills and proficiency in using computer software including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, statistical analysis software, and information databases.
- Must possess professional maturity and demonstrate good interpersonal, negotiation and decision-making skills, as well as cultural sensitivity.
Travel: Ability to travel nationally and internationally a minimum of 40% of time.
Other Requirements: Fluency in oral and written French, Swahili or other regional language is desirable.
How to Apply
Please send your application cover letter, curriculum vitae with three references and salary expectation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Associate Regional Director, Service Delivery as the Email Subject by 7th October 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Planned Parenthood Global is an equal opportunity employer.