Job Title: Principal Financial Services (Assurance)
Job Code: PFS/HAL/160907
Number of Positions Open: 1
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Summary: Our Client is a well-established and highly respected local Financial Advisory Firm that deals in mergers & acquisitions and corporate finance.
Job Summary: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven, creative and forward thinking Principal to head the firm’s new Financial Services team. The client is looking for an individual who has gained experience from Audit firm operations & business development.
This individual should also possess an Audit and Accounting background. They will be responsible for the development and implementation of business development plans and client acquisition, driving client acquisition.
Given that the firm has a large database of clients, the Principal will be expected to convert carefully crafted introductions into work for the firm.
It is anticipated that the Principal will be responsible for hiring the remainder of the team to actualize the ambitions of the company.
- Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high quality audit and assurance service, including preparing and reviewing audit plans and work
- Achieve team individual budgets and business plan/ performance objectives
- Manages project financials, including budgets, WIPS, timely billing and collection and variance recognition
- Maintain the highest technical and professional standard.
- Serve as face of the firm while representing the company at industry conferences and various professional networking events.
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks
- Addresses situation before they become crises and develops solutions to avoid recurrence
- Must have effective negotiating ability that is equally skilled with achieving consensus and driving for results
- Recognize opportunities for cross-selling, and promote a cohesive services approach within the firm
- Monitor and control auditing staff
- Coach, train and develop auditing staff to upgrade their knowledge
- Be seen as a role model for auditing professionals
- Carry out practice management activities e.g. resourcing client billing etc.
- Initiate and/or participate in the negotiations process
- Must have a very strong networking capacity
- Must have good knowledge and understanding of the local market and experience in dealing with KRA and tax issues
- Must be an excellent communicator with a highly professional approach and experience of monitoring costs
- Ability to Improved Company’s brand awareness by implementing marketing strategies.
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Professional accounting qualification and/or Bachelor degree and Master degree in Accounting
- 5 to 7 years of external audit experience
- CPA Qualification with valid ICPAK practicing license
- Excellent communication skills, analytical mind and good team spirit
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Outstanding presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Principal Financial Services (Assurance)
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume.