The Organization: Evidence Action scales proven development solutions to benefit millions of people around the world.
We invite you to learn more about Evidence Action at www.evidenceaction.org.
The Position: This position is with the Beta Team that identifies, pressure-tests, and builds potential Evidence Action programs.
Responsibilities are expected to include:
- Manage and coordinate the ‘path-to-scale’ for multiple Beta programs; including designing programs and pressure-testing potential for large scale impact
- Build and maintain relationships with Beta program partners including government, NGOs, social enterprises and academics
- Develop and iteratively improve on the theory of change, business model and monitoring plan for potential programs in order to successfully transition programs to full-scale
- Coordinate the research and analysis for ‘scale-potential’ and ‘cost-effectiveness’ of programs in the Beta portfolio
- Lead the process of learning lessons from Beta programs and documenting and communicating about them internally
- Support the communication team with the development of external communication material including; proposal, reports, presentations and write-ups for various audiences
- Prepare work plans and budgets for Beta programs under various scenarios to facilitate quality project management and decision making in an ambiguous environment
- Ensure timely reporting and communication with donors
- MBA/Master’s degree in public policy, social sciences or related field
- Experience with business and/or private sector prefered but not required
- Excellent work planning, project and budget management skills
- Ability to collaborate across teams within and outside Evidence Action and experience with managing people directly and indirectly
- Good understanding of research, data collection and analytics and ability to interpret research for program design and implementation
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel to project implementation geographies and spend approx. 25% of the time on field work in Africa and Asia
- Adaptable, self-motivated, inquisitive and a team player who is interested in being part of a fast-paced, growing and diverse team with a start-up atmosphere.
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to multitask and meet short deadlines
- A sense of humor rated at least a 7.52 out of 10
How to Apply:
For a candidate based in Nairobi, Evidence Action will apply for a work visa from the Kenyan authorities if necessary. Should the candidate prefer to be based in Washington DC, they must be authorized to work in the U.S. We unfortunately will not be able to sponsor work visas to the US.
Evidence Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), adhering to the laws that prohibit discrimination in the terms and conditions of employment.