Work Type: 6 Months Contract
Job Ref.: CLK-299616
Job Purpose: The Project Manager shall oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of the training project.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager shall perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Define the scope of the digital Skills project in collaboration with senior management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities stated in WoW
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the digital Skills training will be evaluated at its completion
- In consultation with the VP & Head BD-Africa, recruit, interview and select Trainers and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for facilitating the Training across different regions.
- Manage project staff and/or volunteers according to the established WoW
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the Project.
- Contract qualified consultants to work on the project as required.
- Execute the Google Training according to the project plan
- Maintain forms and records to document project activities
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Write reports on the project for management and for client
- Monitor all budgeted project expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the client project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Skills & Person Specification:
- Experience delivering operational / technical / specialist information and outcomes on time
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of public sector projects and programmes. Education/higher education sector experience preferred.
- Successful track record of managing clients, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Experience of managing and motivating a team
- Experience of managing budgets and forecasting expenditure.
- Excellent knowledge of key project processes such as design principals and management, construction processes, procurement and tendering.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Effective communicator, with excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
- Able to build and maintain key client relationships.
- Able to work in a pressurised environment
- Results and quality focused individual.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, using a flexible pragmatic approach.
- Enthusiastic and able to inspire others.
- Ability to adapt to and manage change.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry best practice
- To be known for displaying fairness, having had built trust and maintained respectful relationships through open lines of communication vertically and horizontally
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews