Job Title: Project Manager – Water Projects
Location: Nairobi with frequent travels to rural areas
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Our Client is a leading social business which employs modern technology to provide individuals with an access to clean energy and safe drinking water as well as other basic products and services.
They seek to hire a project manager who will support the implementation of community hubs aimed at offering access to safe drinking water at the grassroots.
- Support the implementation of pilot projects and follow-up on projects in remote regions in Kenya with a special focus on the identification, selection and preparation of suitable project sites
- Engage in publicity work addressing the relevant players in the public sector as well as the donor community in order to increase the visibility and reputation of the company.
- Develop/ expand a network of contacts to relevant stakeholders, especially in the water, energy, and rural development sectors
- Provide support with the identification and realization of opportunities for funding and cooperation.
- Coordinate the activities in Kenya with the Head Office and further project partners
Qualifications and Skills Desired
- A degree in a technical field, ideally in the water sector
- A minimum of 5 years experience in project management
- Experience working in the water sector and with communities, Good knowledge of Western and Nairobi regions is desired
- Well versed in collaboration with actors in international development and/ or the international donor community.
- Well-informed about the Kenyan water sector, relevant stakeholders and the relevant regulatory frameworks on all levels.
- Good understanding of the social and political processes as well as the administrative procedures in Kenya.
- Experience, contacts and skills in the areas of energy, retail, education and training, health, rural development, international development and/ or (social) entrepreneurship would be an asset.
- Have strong communication and networking skills as well as an entrepreneurial mindset with a proven interest in international development cooperation.
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Project Manager – Water projects) to email@example.com before Wednesday 28th September 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.