Dairy Line Officer
Job Objective: A Dairy Line Officer is responsible for the financial and physical performance of the farm and as such will be highly skilled in all aspects of the farm’s milk business.
In this role you will be responsible for implementing the short and long term business plans. You will be expected to drive the business and work with your Supervisor to ensure success.
As the Dairy Line Officer, the incumbent must approach his job with confidence, energy; anticipate challenges while recommending applicable mitigating solutions.
He will need to possess excellent communication and leadership skills, finding ways to motivate
Roles & Responsibilities
A) Business Vision, Mission & Core Values
- Exemplify the vision, mission and core values of the company which are taking responsibility for our actions and decisions, sharing our knowledge and expertise for continuous improvement
- The jobholder must project a professional company image through in-person interaction
- Relate to others in a manner that creates a sense of teamwork and co-operation.
- Maintain effective communication with colleagues, both junior and senior.
B) Business Performance
- In charge of feeding the animals on concentrates, salts and fodder
- In charge of milking and delivery of milk to MCC
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness/hygiene for all the animals
- Develop, review and manage repairs and maintenance schedule for dairy line machinery and infrastructure in coordination with the Maintenance team and Dairy Line Manager.
- Manage the milking machines (repair, servicing,
- Identify common ailments of cattle including reproductive disorders, downer cows and lameness, advocate and push for immediate treatment. Assist veterinarian when required.
- Prepare and deliver milk and concentrates to reared calves. Observe and report immediately to the livestock health manager and directors calves requiring medication. Manage calf groups through to weaning.
- Immediately reporting any heat sign in animals to livestock health manager to organize for a mating
- Dry off cows, apply dry cow according to approved protocol. Mark and manage cows at dry off.
- Participate in cattle mustering/gathering, transport and application of herd ID program. Adhere to farm policy on handling and welfare of stock.
- Provide first level support for customer and employee complaints, suggestions, and concerns
- Implement and contribute to the improvement of health and safety policies and procedures at the farm
- Request for required supplements and vitamins to achieve production targets
- Ensure stocks are accounted for
- Provide the weekly feeds order on time on the required date as directed by the sales operations coordinator
- Ensure agreed stock policy is adhered to
- Ensure all herd records are maintained
- Adhere to all relevant animal welfare codes
- Contribute to the dairy farm accepted best practice environmental guidelines
- Ensuring the farm maintains quality standards
- Active participation in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety
- Actively participate in identification and reporting of hazard/danger, accidents, near misses, and property damage at the workplace
- Correct use of appropriate safety gear / equipment.
- A Diploma in Dairy Technology or a related course from an accredited institution
- Diploma in store management /Purchase and supplies/Business Related Field
- Minimum one year experience in a related field
- High computer proficiency
- Must be +27 years of age *a mature candidate preferably male*
- Cost conscious, assertive, a good communicator, problem solver
- A critical thinker
- A problem solver
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Good communication, teamwork and coach-ability, problem solving, self-management, technical and practical skills, leadership and people management, administration and quality compliance, business and asset management.
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV indicating your current/previous and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com by September 12, 2016.
Candidates are required to quote the Title of the position being applied for on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
**Pwani Feeds Limited is an equal opportunity employer**