Job Title: Restaurant Manager
Job Code: RM/UCL/160929
Number of Positions Open: 1
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Summary: Urban Coffee’s mission is to connect the community through a great coffee experience.
This job contributes to Urban Coffee’s success by leading a team of restaurant staff to create and maintain the Urban Coffee Experience for our customers and employees.
- Monitors and manages store staffing levels to maintain restaurant operational requirements and maintains a daily staff attendance with the HR department.
- Displays a first come first serve attitude by training and holding employees accountable for delivering excellent customer service.
- Ensures the Profit and Loss outlined objectives of the restaurant are achieved or exceeded on a monthly basis, while assigning individual monthly and daily sales targets to the service staff.
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in restaurant performance.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective restaurant operations.
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
- Handles all customer complaints conclusively and ensures service recovery at all times.
- Uses all operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence in the restaurant. Tools include employee rota scheduling, monthly status report, quarterly business review, cash management and inventory management reports.
- Actively manages restaurant employees by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve employee performance. Involves Human Resource Officer in all employee performance assessments.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and programs as well as by finding new, creative and effective methods of recognition.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Urban Coffee.
- Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to employees to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Ensuring the restaurant is clean and presentable at all times and ensures compliance with the public health and safety requirements.
- Assist in answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Handles reservations for outside catering events made through the restaurant, and follows through on the execution of the events in line with the company guidelines.
- Follows all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
- Follows up with baristas during the shift to ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service for all customers.
Skills and Certification:
- Knowledge of customer service techniques
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team-building skills
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Well organised, Honest and Demonstrate a high degree of integrity, Diversity of tasks, Creative thinking, Analytical problem solving, Physical application of skills, Management of risk
Qualifications and Relevant Knowledge
- Higher Diploma or Degree in Hotel or Business Management from a Certified & Recognized Institution.
- Financial Skills for non- finance managers.
- 2 years’ experience in hospitality.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Restaurant Manager