- Timely presentation of financial, management and regulatory reports to the board, the members and authorized third parties including auditors, regulatory authority and the ministry for cooperatives development and marketing.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Timely implementation of the board recommendations and giving prudent advice to the Sacco.
- Ensure growth in assets, revenues and net incomes of the society.
- Manage costs and expenses within the approved budgets.
- Reviewing and formulating policies, procedures and practices for SACCO operations.
- Directing and supervising the administration and processing of loans.
- The Manager will ensure that all statutory deductions are made correctly and that all amounts due and the necessary returns are submitted by the due dates.
- Coordinating external audit exercises and implementing recommendations set forth.
- Representing the Society in business transactions and any other transactions authorized by the Board Chairman.
- Attending board meetings and AGM in an advisory capacity and implementing the resolutions made.
- Carry out such other duties as prescribed in the By-Laws or directed by the Board.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business related field.
- CPA (K).
- Member in good standing of relevant professional body – ICPAK.
- Minimum of C+ in KCSE or its equivalent.
- At least 5 years relevant experience of which at least 2 years must have been in a supervisory capacity preferably in a Financial institution.
- Prior experience and exposure in the Sacco industry.
- A diploma in Co-operative Management will be an added advantage.
- Combined knowledge in general management/administration as well as accounting.
- Knowledge of national and industry related financial principles.
- Age 35 years and above.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are requested to download the CCIA online Recruitment Form (Download HERE), fill and submit online by 16th September 2016
NB: Applications that are incomplete or that are received beyond the deadline will not be considered.