Vacancy: Sales and Marketing Executive
Job Ref: ET/SME/1
Our client has a collection of enchanting safari properties in the foothills of Mount Kenya and Lamu.
The portfolio includes a private wildlife sanctuary and luxury tented camp on the world famous Laikipia Plateau and a unique, fully operational dhow in Lamu.
Both of which cater for the high end of the tourism market and Kenyans resident bookings.
They are looking a Sales and Marketing Executive.
The position includes marketing and promoting both products to the international tourism market and engaging with local travel agents, tour operators and professional safari guides to build up more guests and clientele into both properties.
The incumbent will be based in Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Client & Agent Engagement. Engage with clients in four sectors
- Overseas tour operators, local agents (residents market)
- Local private guides
- Overseas direct book clients
- Overseas and local Destination Management Companies (DMCs)
- Manage social media including all online presence of the Collection including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Google +, Twitter and YouTube
- Oversee all public relations and communication for the Collection, both reactive and proactive
- Build Familirisation (FAM) trips and oversee them for both local and overseas agents and tour operators and DMCs in order to build the collection experience.
- Manage and build the contact database. Oversee, track and maintain the collection database to ensure client details, previous guests, potential and current agent details are all maintained to ensure smooth and effective communication with all relevant parties at all times.
- Oversee the sale function to engage and build the client base to ultimately grow sales for both properties.
- Define parameters for contacting people on a regular basis
- Talk to and meet with where possible all sales channels
- Report on progress to the Board of Directors as required – initially monthly
- Follow up on leads, add new people to the database
- Follow up and communicate with existing clients and previous visitors and continue to offer them options to revisit
- Assist with bookings and the internal booking resource that exists within the Collection as required.
- Attend trade shows as required based on what is agreed with the Board of Directors as to which shows, both local and overseas, should be attended.
- Build Marketing Collateral including website, newsletters, brochures, adverts, social media, Google listing, Google ad words
- Explore digitising the booking system. To explore future improvements in the systems and processes for client bookings as and when and if of benefit to the Collection.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Self-starter with the ability to manage their own time and their own diary.
- A good and demonstrable track record of sales in the past with numbers to back up this track record
- The ability to demonstrate previous marketing successes for similar or equivalent products
- Good networks and existing contacts within the industry both locally and internationally
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the industry
- Similar Experience preferably based in Africa and Kenya would be beneficial.
- No format degree necessary but could be beneficial to have a hospitality background
- Ability to show the following skills: Ability to show the following skills:
- Consistent attention to detail
- Efficiency with handling requests and tracking requests
- Good people management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are critical.
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted