Job Purpose: Reporting to the Group Company Secretary (Sanlam Kenya), the jobholder will be responsible for investigating fraud allegation cases, initiating prosecution of agents, clients and staff found to have been involved in fraudulent business practices and administration of correspondence on fraud complaints.
Working closely with the Sanlam Life clients both Individual Life and Corporate, Retail, Customer Service, HR and Finance the job holder will be responsible for:
- Investigations into various business malpractices reported to the office regarding fraudulent business acquisition, fraudulent claims, and misappropriation of client’s policy premiums
- Reporting fraud cases to Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) police to facilitate prosecution of agents, staff or clients involved in fraudulent business practices and give evidence in Court.
- Conducting fact finding analysis where there is suspicion of malpractice regarding certain business regions, pay points or unscrupulous clients.
- Maintaining a database of complaints received from clients via letters, emails, and telephone calls concerning fraudulent business allegations, agents involved and action taken
- Preparing and availing of evidence for such crimes to the police to aide prosecution as required.
- Facilitating of various arrests of unscrupulous agents, staff and clients as appropriate by liaising with remote police stations and other government organs to arrest the culprits.
- Obtain and maintain contacts with various organisations to enable quick authentication of suspect documents prior to paying a claim.
- Follow up action on concluded cases e.g. warning letters, conservation letters etc.
- Drafting correspondence on clients’ complaints, querying agents and sending of affidavits.
- Assist in preparation of Mancom, Board and other relevant reports as required.
- Vetting new agents or agents requesting reinstatement
- Conducting anti-fraud awareness training to agents at branches
- Prepare (turn around time (TATs) monthly figures of fraud investigation for Customer Service Index (CSI)
- Prepare quarterly Sanlam Fraud figures for Actuarial
- University Degree from a recognized university
- 7 years’ experience in investigations; preferably in the insurance industry
- Knowledge of business operations, fraud investigations, prosecution process including preparation of evidence and
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Report writing skills coupled with computer literacy
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Organized; self-motivated; initiative and drive
- Team player and inspirational
- Strong communication skills
- Honest and of high integrity
- Ability to handle office and field work
If your career aspiration matches this exciting opportunity, please submit your detailed CV and covering letter (indicating your current and expected salary) to reach us on or before Friday 23 September 2016 at 1600 hours addressed to Head of Executive Search and Selection, thinkPeople Consulting Limited, through email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.