The role as an energy business consultant is to facilitate effective and efficient energy business opportunities in Sub-Saharan Africa whilst actively promoting Swedish energy solutions.
The program is designed for Swedish energy companies interested in establishing and expanding their business in the region.
The role of the energy business consultant is a new one linked to the Swedish Government´s export strategy with the intention of:
- Increasing Swedish companies´ participation in so called “High Potential Opportunities” (HPO´s) e.g. Africa Energy Program
- Improving coordination between aid and trade promotion, thus leveraging on Sweden´s long tradition of extensive aid not least to the energy sector
- In cooperation with Swedish industry and Team Sweden, identify and develop a pipeline of high potential energy projects that are technically and financially viable, and well matched to the Swedish offerings.
- Consulting services with the objective of establish and grow Swedish energy businesses and presence in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Energy market intelligence and information sharing
- Coordinate with other Power Africa implementers and stakeholders within the US and Swedish teams
- Identify investors, shop around opportunities, and assist a host government to promote to potential investors
- Support bid and tender processes
- Identify legal and regulatory impediments to deals, and assist host governments to address.
- Stakeholder management
- Support dialogue broadly with the government, donors, and civil society.
- Monitor and report on program and project development
- Business minded energy expert, with an extended local and regional network
- Bachelor’s degree in energy-related engineering, policy, business, finance, economics, or a related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum five years of experience of the sub-Saharan energy sector required; eight years of experience preferred
- Experience with international donors and financial solutions
- Excellent knowledge of the demands of the local and regional power sector
- Demonstrated business and team skills, versatility, and integrity
- English fluency required
- Lead own projects
- Lead program and promotional activities
- Full sales cycle responsibility
- Independent client dialogues
- Manage and develop team members
- Role model our company values
- Regular business travel within Sub-Saharan Africa and to Sweden will be required dependent on project needs
- You will report to the Trade Commissioner and work as a part of the consultant team and the Africa Energy Program.
Applications letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2102”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2102, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th September 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.