Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
- Manage all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting
- Design and implement systems and procedures, when and where needed, ensuring effective internal controls and minimising risks
- The jobholder will monitor proper management of cash flow ensuring project liquidity at all times
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles supported by relevant and verifiable source documents
- Ensure that monthly account reconciliations are performed and appropriate plans are put in place and executed, as applicable, to resolve un-reconciled differences
- Offer support in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Develop and execute responsive and appropriate operations management systems (HR, procurement, inventory, installations, maintenance and repair, customer service, impact measurement)
- Oversee international and national procurement, ensuring full compliance with company policy
- Manage inventory and all other assets, ensuring proper reconciliation on an ongoing basis
- Providing active support to the Customer Service Team and Installations Team as needed
- Lead the HR function, ensuring compliance with national labor laws and practices
- The applicant should preferably hold a degree in finance, accounting, business administration, CPA, or other recognized professional accounting qualification. Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in managing finance and administration, ideally for a private sector entity or a private-sector oriented NGO
- Broad knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) applicable to USA accounting procedures
- Ability to adopt new software and financial management systems
- Strong skills in management and coordination of multiple activities and teams.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proven analytical skills in isolating priorities and tackling them
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with strong attention to detail
A Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2404”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2404 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 27th September 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.