Software Engineer – Web Applications Ruby on Rails
Description: We are seeking a Software Engineer to help us build Web Application tools to support our On Demand (cloud-based) product offerings running today in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has a good sense of product design and user experience, an understanding of backend web operations and good architectural sense and instincts.
You will be working on our systems related to customising a Ruby on Rails solution.
You will work to interface those systems to payment gateway API.
We’ll also want to eventually let customers see their information related to these areas in a customer portal, so you can expect to work on that as well.
- Collect requirements, design, code and test internally-facing Web applications in support of the company’s cloud-based product offerings.
- Enhance and maintain current Ruby on Rails-based application, for use in crowd funding and tracking for our customers.
- Write functional and unit tests to ensure correct operation of applications and libraries
- Work collaboratively with other members of a small, fast-moving team
- 1+ year of strong web application development skills
- You must have solid development habits (testing, documentation, etc.) and not be afraid to research and gain understanding of new and unfamiliar technologies
- Ability to create effective UIs that meet user experience goals
- Minimum BSc degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (MSc preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails (Must), or Python web Programming
- Experience accessing remote systems using REST or REST-like API’s
- Proven track record as a self-starter in a highly dynamic start-up environment.
How to Apply
Email your CV / Resume application indicating your current/past salary to firstname.lastname@example.org