For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development.
Purpose of the Position: Under overall guidance of Chief Field Operations, ensure effective management of the Field Office specifically in the development, design, planning and implementation of the UNICEF supported programme in geographical area.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Represent UNICEF in all matters related to programme planning and implementation in the geographical area covered by Kisumu Field Office. Provide leadership, guidance and supervision of the Field Office staff, and ensure staff safety and security is given paramount importance.
- Technical Leadership in all aspects of devolution, providing guidance and direction in ensuring a coordinated approach to UNICEF programme delivery in the geographical area. Ensure exchange of information, experience, identify new strategies and courses of action to accelerate/improve delivery of services and achieve programme requirements and objectives.
- Programming and Management of Programme: Be responsible for overall development and establishment of the Field Office work plans, monitoring compliance, and providing support and guidance to ensure objectives are met.
- Coordination: Interact with Government and other partners, NGO’s, UN and bilateral agencies in the different stages of programme implementation, follow up on implementation of recommendations and agreements. Provide technical support, orientation and guidance to implementing partners and government officials on appropriate technical and institutional capacity-building measures to achieve programme goals and expand coverage of services.
- Field Monitoring and reporting: Conduct field assessment visits in the areas of coverage to ensure programme effectiveness, identifying bottlenecks and instituting remedial measures. Ensure timely preparation and submission of progress/status reports required from the Field Office for management, Board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis and assessment, annual reports.
- Resource Mobilization: Identify possible donors and maintain close liaison with the Nairobi Office for resource mobilization and leveraging.
- Advanced University Degree in Education or social sciences as related technical field.
- Eight (8) years progressively, responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in programme planning and management in related field with emphasis on strategic planning.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Leading and Supervising [II]
- Analyzing [II]
- Deciding and Initiating Action [III]
- Persuading and Influencing [III]
- Applying Technical Expertise [III]
- Planning and Organizing [II]
- Adapting and Responding Change [III]
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks [III]
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
How to Apply
Applications close: 03 Oct 2016 E. Africa Standard Time