Workshop Manager – Signage and Printing
Job Overview: The job holder will manage and lead a team of people in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the workshop to achieve maximum business results
- Planning and allocation of staff duties and resources in the workshop
- Maintaining and updating of workshop asset register
- Ensuring compliance to health and safety regulations by workshop staff
- Overseeing induction and training of workshop staff
- Managing and improving the performance and productivity of the workshop
- Provide oversight and check job estimates.
- Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices
- Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with the Directors to investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from products and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Discuss with team to identify appropriate course of action.
- Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client enquiries.
- Preparing progress reports on each job
- Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
- Minimum degree in Mechanical or Technical Engineering from a reputable organization
- Experience working in a signage, printing and branding related work will be an added advantage
- Should possess good customer service and communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Flexible and ability to meet quality standards and strict deadlines
- Must have experience in leading and motivating a team
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of workshop operations a must, preferably handling machinery
- 2-3 years working experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the day-to-day activities of the warehouse e.g. transportation, receiving, off-loading, stock take, sanitation, maintenance, inventory control, etc.
- To ensure the efficient receipt, storage, picking, packing and dispatch of a wide range of their goods by implementing inventory management policies and procedures
- To ensure warehouse & distribution productivity targets are met and ensure efficient and profitable operations
- Responsible for the daily scheduling of warehouse personnel to ensure proper staffing in order to select and receive products at the facility in a productive and cost-efficient manner
- Working with the management to implement the company’s policies and goals.
- Keeping stock control by maintaining accounts, ledgers and inventory of products in and out of the store
- Generate warehouse productivity reports, in regard to productivity rates, and accounts for all labor hours, both direct and indirect
- Adheres to budget requirements and works toward obtaining goals
- Responsible for maintenance of warehouse equipment, overseeing scheduling both preventive maintenance programs and all necessary repairs
- Builds, maintains and enhances client relationships and ensures impeccable customer service in the store at all times.
- Responsible for warehouse safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean work place for employees and with the regulations of all OSHA local and state regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Procurement and supply chain management, or Business related.
- Post graduate diploma in procurement/ Stores an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in management of Warehouse & Inventory
- Experience with warehouse or Logistics management in a Signage company
- Expert knowledge in Warehouse/Inventory and Logistics
- Professional qualifications in Warehouse/Logistics/Supply Chain will be a key requirement
- Supervisory skills is a MUST
- Responsible for monitoring deliveries, ensuring customer satisfaction and maintaining accurate logs of all transportation and goods
- Updating and maintaining a master excel spreadsheet of daily of routines to customers
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients and sub-contractors
- Prepare costing and proposals
- Establish the necessary process flow
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Perform ad hoc tasks from time to time
- Co-ordinating the transportation of print materials
- Liaising with clients and sub-contractors (drivers)
- must be able to communicate effectively since the job primarily involves liaising with clients, couriers and other operational departments
- Organizing and confirming collections and deliveries
- Minimum 2 years Logistics, Operations Transport, Stores, Inventory, Fleet, Sales, Technical + System management & Implementation in Signage is ESSENTIAL
- Previous work experience in the Signage industry ESSENTIAL
- Logistics Degree/Diploma in Logistics will be an added advantage
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to travel, work long hours and on weekends
- Accurate and quality workmanship
- Intrinsically motivated, Self-starter who has the ability to work independently with no supervision and think outside the box
- Person should have a passion and be committed to his work
- Honest person who is results driven and can work under pressure
Job Overview: This is an excellent opportunity for a sales person with relevant experience and a proven sales track record.
Duties and Responsibilities
- He/she must have print industry sales background.
- Knowledge of wide format print products and applications would be highly advantageous.
- He/she will be expected to find and follow up on their own sales leads.
- He/she must have the ability to identify and engage potential new customers.
- He/she will maintain a professional relationship with customers and ensure they are kept satisfied with the company’s services.
- He/she must be hardworking, driven, have excellent new business and account management skills
- He/she will manage the key account list to maximize sales and profit
- He/she Prompt and accurate reporting to the Directors as required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the print industry and have a proven track record in the Sales Industry.
- Diploma in sales and marketing or any related qualification
- Effective Communicator.
- Computer literate.
If you meet the said requirements please send your application in confidence by email attaching your detailed latest CV to: (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES)
NB: Clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email and indicate your current and expected salary.