Position Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Primary Function: The role of the Financial Accountant works in support of and reports to the Finance Manager.
incumbent initiates and processes all financial transaction including
USD & Kenya Shilling petty cash, and provides general support to the
1. Manage the Petty Cash
- Monitor all petty cash payments in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepare petty cash report for replenishment
the correctness, completeness and proper approval of payment vouchers
and supporting documents prior to processing cheque payments
- Review all invoices received in person or by mail and distribute to the appropriate department for approval
- Ensure all documents are cancelled with a paid stamp after making payments
- Maintain accurate financial records in accordance with donor regulations and WRK guidelines.
- Ensuring that all approved creditors invoices are paid within the appropriate credit limit.
- Making sure that cheques are signed by the authorised signatories.
- Ensuring that all statutory deductions are paid in a timely manner
- Assisting in inputting data to accounting system
- Maintain financial filing system to ensure all vouchers and correspondences are in their appropriate place
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and prompt follow-up of old reconciling items
- Serve as bank agent and handle banking correspondences
- Follow-up and review of partner financial records on a monthly
- Review approved invoices for completeness.
- Record the transaction in the A/P software program
- Generate the corresponding check and check documentation and update the bank balances.
- Batch the checks and forward to the Country Accountant for review.
the signed checks are returned arrange for appropriate delivery of
payment and file the documents as per the established procedure.
8. Assist the Finance Manager with review, project and audit functions as requested.
The Financial Accountant may perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor or CD.
A schedule of some of the regular essential functions in the finance department are appended to this JD.
- Relationally express the love of Christ in Word and Deed
- Maintain a Godly and spiritual attitude in all work situations
- Maintain a lifestyle of integrity, personal prayer and discernment
- Adhere to all policies and procedures, which govern World Relief
- Participate in staff meetings and team building forums
- Fulfill functions as listed above.
- Accuracy and efficiency in delivery of financial services.
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicts in a mutually respectful manner
- Maintain a positive and constructive attitude.
- Operate within World Relief communications standards for timeliness.
- The position is based in the Nairobi office with possible travel to field offices.
- WRK functions in a multicultural international work environment.
- The office is open Monday-Friday between 8.00 a.m.-5 p.m.
- The job may require the person to work extra hours including weekends/holidays to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business from a recognized university
- Professional qualification ACCA/CPAK will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in using accounting software preferably Quick books
- Mastery of Microsoft outfit especially excel
should be sent not later than 5th October by email only to the Country
Director World Relief Kenya email@example.com with the subject
“Application for Accountant Position”