About the Role: ZanaAfrica Group is building a powerful movement for girls and women by delivering awesome feminine hygiene products coupled with the information they need to make healthy and informed decisions.
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about the power of connectivity across all channels.
Culture: We’re a small group of bold, smart, dedicated individuals from diverse backgrounds who are passionate about changing the landscape for girls and women.
ZanaAfrica values girls and women’s’ right to choice in their reproductive health management, including access to family planning and abortion services. Any hired candidate will be expected to represent such values internally and to external partners.
Develop the first SMS platform in Kenya (to our knowledge) that delivers critical reproductive health and life skills information to young adolescent girls (10-14)
- Collaborate with local SMS platform provider to build an SMS-based interface that is easy to use and engaging for young adolescent girls in Kilifi, Kenya
- Work closely with Girl-Content and Monitoring & Evaluation Teams to design a content strategy that reflects girls’ needs and wants and results in rapid product uptake
- Conduct user testing to ensure all products developed are rapidly iterated and optimized for girls’ use and enjoyment
- Optimize product to minimize project costs per use of the platform and monitor overall budget for the project with the Creative Producer
- Coordinate with the Creative Director and Production Director to ensure timelines and deliverables are being met
- Ensure all products developed are designed to international child protection standards and take into account girls’ unique situations
- Liaise with consultants and advisors to establish and maintain highest quality and accuracy of content
- Work with Chief Branding and Marketing Officer and Creative Director to develop a social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Medium) for the Nia Movement, adhering to brand guidelines
- Establish and execute a social media content plan
- Conduct brainstorms with cross-functional team to surface and gather new, innovative ways to create social content and programs
- Coordinate with Chief Branding and Marketing Officer to conceptualize, design and implement campaigns
- Work collaboratively with Graphic Designer/Creative Team to disseminate creative assets
- Define metrics and use analytics to measure success of social media strategy and targeted campaigns
- Conduct web asset audits to map a brand’s global web presence and assess the effectiveness of each digital asset
- Create strategy and content for web presence and outreach.
- Identify new communities and technologies for marketing efforts.
- Develop ad
- Working with the Creative Director to evolve, build/create, design and activate ZanaAfrica Group and Nia brand websites
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages
- Provide recommendations and execute/manage strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific
- Bachelors in Communications, Marketing, Computer Engineering, Industrial Design, User Interface Design, or related field
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in mobile technology, mHealth, SMS development Digital Media, Social Media,
- 2-3 years of project management experience, working with creative a plus
- Strong understanding of user experience design
- Experience with A/B testing and running focus groups in Kenya
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Kiswahili, including the ability to articulate complex and creative concepts to team and external partners
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel
- Advanced knowledge of social media best practices and platforms; strong understanding of social media trends
- Knowledge and ability to keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and development
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Well-versed in women and girls’ issues, reproductive health and human rights
- Unapologetic belief and passion for girls and women’s rights and potential
- Fluent Kiswahili is a must; Keen understanding of Sheng (preferred)
To apply, please include the position title and your name in the subject line of the email and send your CV, Cover Letter and a writing sample in PDF format to email@example.com along with a link to your LinkedIn profile.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS AND APPLICATIONS NOT IN PDF FORMAT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, on a rolling basis.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2016