Food & Beverage Manager – 5 star property in Nairobi
Our client, a Five Star Hotel in Nairobi, is looking for a passionate Food and Beverage Manager
He/She will be responsible for managing all F&B operations and delivering an excellent guest experience to ensure their return.
The successful candidate should be able to forecast, plan and manage all F&B orders, staff and finance.
The goal is to maximize sales and revenue through customer satisfaction and employee engagement.
Five star experience IS A MUST!
- Lead the F&B team by attracting, recruiting, managing, training and monitoring staff and supporting staff development through mentorship.
- Organise and roll out efficient staff rosters to ensure operational excellence.
- Identify/source, procure local ingredients within budget, and maintain excellent working relationships with all suppliers.
- Manage all F&B and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines.
- Design exceptional and fresh menus incorporating local ingredients.
- Establish targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies and procedures.
- Overseeing the upkeep of the facilities and building, including the refrigeration and ventilation system.
- Work with the sales and marketing team to develop dining offers to create awareness, grow market share and revenue.
- Develop with the management team annual operating plans for the restaurants, that are aligned to the strategic plans of the company.
- Forecast budget/revenue and operating/capital expenditure for the restaurants and monitor revenue and expenditure against approved budget.
- Ensure both restaurant operations are compliant with all licensing laws, health and safety codes, labour laws, and other statutory regulations.
- Proven food and beverage management experience in 5 star environment.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, Point of Sale ‘POS’).
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Excellent Communication and leadership skills.
- Up to date with food and beverage trends and best practices.
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets.
- Guest oriented and service minded.
- Culinary school diploma or degree in Food service management, hotel management, BA, or related field/equivalent experience.
Monthly gross salary: Competitive Salary package depending on skills and experience
Deadline: 31st October 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.