Job Title: Regional Partnerships and Business Development Advisor
- Leads on corporate business development strategy, planning and implementation in liaison with the Directors
- Advises Country Directors regarding business/funding strategy and works closely with them to ensure country resource mobilisation strategies are in place
- Ensures coordinated business development system and guidelines are in place
- Manages the department budget as appropriate.
- Build cross functional team support to COs for proposals development, including
- Provide technical support to COs during prepositioning meetings with bilateral, multilaterals, foundations, Public Private Partners, etc.
- Monitor the donor competitive landscape, and circulate funding forecasts to COs to enable them to organize prepositioning meetings with donors.
- Provide support and guidance to COs in development of capacity statements to be utilized during prepositioning meetings with donors.
- Circulate funding forecasts to COs and support them to identify and capture new grant funded opportunities.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of the requirements of current potential regional donors and be proactive in the lookout for opportunities for regional donors etc.
- Research, analyze, develop, and track relationships with new and current donors at regional level and share information with COs.
- Advises Directorate and Country Directors on strategic, planned approach to Business Development
- Pre-positioning: Create mechanisms and tools to identify funding opportunities matched against Headquarters and Country Office strategies to effectively pre-position donors
- Build close cooperation with other Country Offices and key stakeholders within and external to AAH-I to work together to develop and implement Business development strategy. Share learning, innovations and better practices across the region.
- Supports Business Development Officer to develop strategy and partnerships related to private sector/business partner
- Provide strategic direction for COs to pursue non-traditional funding sources, identifying emerging or untapped high potential donors
- Lead the development of key grants database for performance monitoring portfolio management in the region
- Ensure existence of a System/Database for past performance (All grants, US, EU, DFID, UNHCR, Bread for the world etc.
- Oversees the development and implementation of Country BD capacity building plan
- Oversees development and management of the BD tools, guidelines and procedures
- Supports the Communications Team to ensure that the website and social media communicate effectively for key BD partners.
- Liaises with the M&E Manager and Communications Manager to support effective knowledge management designed to identify, capture, document and communicate results and learning.
- Leads on production of larger proposals and submissions
- Oversee production of concept notes, proposals and equivalent.
- Working with the M&E Specialist, ensure that the MIS is fully rolled out in all countries and that program teams are using the same to produce high quality reports.
- Timely review and submit high quality donor and institutional program reports.
- Timely M&E and donor reports with corrective measures taken where necessary;
- Oversee communications to ensure execution of AAH-I’s Communications Strategy
- Work in close liaison with others to identify, develop and communicate the impact of AAH-I’s work and aggressively market the organisation to potential funders and partners.
- Ensures and maintains the quality of Communications programmes and activities delivered.
- Corporate BD targets delivered.
- Progress in implementation of the corporate BD strategy and sustainability strategy (and therefore contribution to the corporate strategic plan).
- Annual and quarterly operational plans for BD developed, updated and followed.
- Any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the Programme Director.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (International Development Project Management etc.)
- Proven track record of leadership, with at least 10 years’ progressive senior management experience including managing cross-cultural teams across countries.
- Experience in developing new areas or programmes desirable.
- Proven track record in resource mobilisation, in particular of large projects and grants, including production of proposals and tenders (technical and commercial)
- Proven track record of management of winning bids in the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors
- Proven track record of successfully identifying, developing and managing strategic partnerships
- Understanding of the global development architecture and key players (donors, INGOs, consulting companies and investment funds)
- Commitment to promote AAH-I’s Vision, Mission and its strategic goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to manage proposal processes and team relationships to ensure effective collaboration by various contributors to the process
- Entrepreneurial orientation, self-starter able to work independently and cope with demanding work situations in complex setting.
- Strong management and supervisory skills and experience.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in strategising and coalition building.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and lead experience in Country and fund development.
- Strong analytical (both political and organisational) skills with good attention to detail.
- Ability to provide coaching, mentoring and leadership to team members.
- Commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s values.
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3
referees) addressed to email@example.com to be received by
7th October, 2016.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AAH-I does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.