ACTED Kenya / Somalia
Position: Project Officer
Direct Hierarchy: Head of Office_Baidoa
Contract duration: Six Months
Duty Location: Burhakaba, Somalia
Starting Date: November 2016
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide.
ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters.
Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the position of a Project Officer based in Burhakaba, Somalia.
I. Position profile
Under the supervision of the Head of Office in Baidoa, the Project Officer will be is responsible for ensuring that projects’ activities are fully implemented in accordance with proposals, according to ACTED rules and regulations and donor requirements in Burhakaba ,Somalia
- Oversee the implementation of all project activities in Burhakaba to ensure the project is completed in a timely and accountable manner
- Liaise with local authorities, local partner and communities as need be
- Ensure that ACTED actions are ethnically fair and proportionate.
- Coordinate with the field team in Burhakaba and the AMEU department to prepare and implement project monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Set up, plan, supervise and monitor the project at the field level to ensure the successful implementation of all projects activities, the generation of planned outputs and attainment of key project objectives.
- To ensure all activities undertaken are appropriately documented (agreement/MOUs with relevant authorities in Somalia, attendance sheets and training circular, beneficiary Registration lists, work plans and accounts when relevant etc)
- To manage the field program staff in Burhakaba and monitor the implementing partner. Act as officer in charge of the area base and therefore manage and supervise all field staff in Burhakaba.
- To provide strategic advice and guidance to program management team in relation to livelihood programming aspects
- To undertake biannual appraisal of staff under his responsibility
- To budget and monitor project expenditures to ensure they are in line with ACTED and donor requirements.
- Liaise with FLAT team in the field and area office to coordinate procurement and other needs for project implementation and organization base support
- Act as focal point for the base including security follow ups, team leadership and coordination between departments.
- To produce departmental internal report on weekly and monthly basis
- To provide internal reporting as requested from coordination and line management
- Provide capacity building to implementing partner staff when appropriate and make sure that the local partner implements the projects as per the ACTED rules and regulations as well as per Donor requirements.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development studies, Social science or other relevant discipline
- Project management experience in Donor Funded Projects
- Demonstrated experience in project management in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Hands On experience in report writing
- Prior significant humanitarian work experience of in Burhakaba is an added advantage
- Ability and willing to travel within the region,
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Good inter-personal skills, commitment and motivation
IV. Application Procedure
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications (most updated CV and cover letter) to email@example.com by or before 2nd November, 2016 with the subject line clearly indicating the position you are applying for.
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
If you receive any email/calls in relation to ACTED’s recruitment and you are unsure about its validity or origin, please contact us on nairobi.@acted.org
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.